What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Dummy guide to installing messanger with waebcam

Dummy guide to installing messanger with waebcam
Author: Message:
pugu

O.P. Dummy guide to installing messanger with waebcam
Hi.
I have spent several frustrating hours trying to install and use MSN messanger and use my laptop built in webcam.
This may be simple to some, but not for me. Any tutorial (if they can be called that) seem to miss out things that they ASSUME everyone knows. I dont!!  Also, there are constant references to 'click this ' or ' open that', that are just not there, and I dont know how to find them.

I have downloaded windows essentials, assuming this is correct, but once downloaded ('run' rather than 'save') it is somewhere in my laptop, but there is no prompt as to what to do with it next. In fact have I got to do something with it??

If anyone can understand my dilemma, that I really dont have a clue as to how this works, and has the patience, please give me a simple step by step guide how to install this.

If I cant, I have heard skype is easy to install and use. Is this the case as I have found the whole windows/ live/ hotmail/ msn experience totally confusing.

I should finish by saying that I have a hotmail email address, is this what I need, as I am even confused by the references to the 4 names above, wondering if they are one and the same.

I will appreciate any help, but PLEASE answers in one syllable, for a total PC dummy lol

Paul
12-30-2011 09:01 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Dummy guide to installing messanger with waebcam
quote:
Originally posted by robhood
I found frostwire best.You can solve your problem easily.
This is definitely not what the OP requested.

quote:
Originally posted by pugu
I should finish by saying that I have a hotmail email address, is this what I need, as I am even confused by the references to the 4 names above, wondering if they are one and the same.
All email addresses are usable on Windows Live Messenger (the instant messaging client, you just need to create a Live Passport if it is not something provided by Microsoft ex: @yahoo.com).

The problem you are describing sounds like a corrupt download. What browser are you using when you are downloading the installer?

Mod Edit: Removed spam link from quote and deleted quoted post

This post was edited on 01-24-2012 at 06:27 PM by Spunky.
01-03-2012 08:28 PM
pugu

O.P. RE: Dummy guide to installing messanger with waebcam
Hi. By browser I assume that would be internet explorer 8 (I think).

Paul
Perhaps I should aadd that 'things' seem to have downloaded, but i dont know what to do with them, they are on the laptop, but what do I do with them????

Paul
01-05-2012 09:06 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Dummy guide to installing messanger with waebcam
Purchase one of those Windows for Dummies books?

You need to install them :dodgy:
01-06-2012 03:59 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: