What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Windows Live Messenger LuaBot

1 votes - 5 average   Windows Live Messenger LuaBot
Author: Message:
Henry00

O.P. Windows Live Messenger LuaBot
Hi, at 00Laboratories we love the programming language lua, it has been implented in alot of situations, but we couldn't find anything for windows live messenger.
So we made our own Messenger Lua Script sandbox, add luabox@hotmail.com to your contacts list!
As an example, try writing the following:

!lua print("Hello world!")

I hope you all enjoy, add it to your conversations for the purpose of code illustrations.
Due to technical reasons it takes some time for the bot to accept your invitation.

Specific features new in luabox:
- Now supports singleplayer mode, where going over the text limit ( on output ) results in a clean file transfer of a text file containing the outputted text.

- Group conversations ( when there is an offline user OR this person does not have luabox in his/her contact list ) now results in an automatic substring of the complete output, then again it is meant for code illustration, thus that person should understand the internals.

- Support for multiple Garry's Mod lua libraries, string, table and math. We also implented  some things like table permutations. It's wise to loop through the table _G to see what kind of options you have.
!lua for k, v in pairs( anything like _G ) do print( k ) end

Note: Using a dll wrapper it is being run on messenger plus! Currently closed source sorry.. Unless you would join us that is.

http://00laboratories.com/
01-15-2012 03:36 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Windows Live Messenger LuaBot
I can see why you would have posted this in the scripting section of these forums. However, this doesn't have anything to do with Messenger Plus! scripting, but instead all with bots for Windows Live Messenger. Thus this better belongs in the subforum MSN/Windows (Live) Messenger.
I've requested a mod to move it.

This post was edited on 01-16-2012 at 12:33 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-16-2012 12:32 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Henry00

O.P. RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger LuaBot
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
I can see why you would have posted this in the scripting section of these forums. However, this doesn't have anything to do with Messenger Plus! scripting, but instead all with bots for Windows Live Messenger. Thus this better belongs in the subforum MSN/Windows (Live) Messenger.
I've requested a mod to move it.

Actually what I did was make a lua wrapper using the windows stdcall convention, and all the coding was done in messenger plus! script, currently if you would print (!IP) it would send you my IP adress. Or /ping works too, was too lazy to block all of the custom commands.
Using the Interop.Call, Interop.Call2 which was very annoying and the Interop.GetCallbackPtr("c_print") which worked impressively enough, I was able to communicate with the dll file.

Moving it however is fine with me

This post was edited on 01-16-2012 at 02:25 PM by Henry00.
01-16-2012 02:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: