What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » How to make tasbar button blink once

How to make tasbar button blink once
Author: Message:
nikoWah

O.P. How to make tasbar button blink once
Hi,

How to make taskbar button blink once when there's notifications? Currently it just keeps blinking and that's kinda irritating.

It will be better if it only blinks once no matter how many new notifications consolidated.

Thanks.
02-12-2012 04:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: How to make tasbar button blink once
Notifications are a build-in Plus! feature, thus this doesn't have anything to do with scripting. As such, I will request this thread to be moved to the appropiate section.

---

The blinking is done by calling a Windows API. Only by altering the parameters of this API (or by calling another API) the blinking can be controlled (eg: blink only X times and then keep the taskbar button highlighted). This means that this depends on how Plus! was programmed. So, in normal circumstances you can not change this behaviour yourself.

However, I've seen some 3rd party programs which can, in certain circumstances, change how Windows executes this blinking and thus can alter this (for every program in general). Also, if I'm not mistaken, there are some advanced Windows settings which can change the default blinking behaviour.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-15-2012 12:50 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
nikoWah

O.P. RE: How to make tasbar button blink once
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I have always thought it was a msn related issue.

After some searching, the solutions are
1) Change some settings in registry
2) Use Tuneup Utilities 2012

http://teqsnacks.com/2010/09/07/reduce-disable-an...bar-icon-flashing/
02-15-2012 02:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: