What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Skype » Skype Plus! Help » Can't play video

Can't play video
Author: Message:
zzCoolCatzz

O.P. Can't play video
OK yesterday I D/L plus. I did every step including to ALLOW and I have the vertical toolbar next to Skype.  The popup record call came up and i said yes.  The record button was only RED and not blinking green.  The Stop button turned RED to.  The video call ended and i clicked on the VIEW, it took me to a file called  Sharon (name of girl i was talking to) Then i double clikced on that and it was now a file called FEBUARY 2012.  Then i double clicked on that and it opened and said file Empty????  I am using Win 7 with all updates and 32bit 1600x900 screen on a acer laptop.  I have my skype Window set to small about 2"x6", I am using the Default laptop cam window that comes popup with skype call coming in.  What is wrong why isnt anything playing back??  One thing looking thru message I dont recall seeing a API content or whatever it was called.  BUT I did do the allow. What is wrong and i hope someone doesnt say its a BUG!  This start out simple but is turning into a huge waste of time.

This post was edited on 02-21-2012 at 04:35 PM by zzCoolCatzz.
02-21-2012 04:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
zzCoolCatzz

O.P. RE: Can't play video
skype version is 5559.124 im using.
02-21-2012 06:04 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Can't play video
Check here to see if there is a temp file created. It may just have errored when encoding it.

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Temp\SkypePlus\
02-21-2012 06:20 PM
zzCoolCatzz

O.P. RE: Can't play video
When checking there it says this folder is empty.  Also i looked into the Sharon and Feb 2012 fiolders and both say 0 bytes. So the folders were created but nothing put there.   After i select YES record a preview dialog box opens with no preview in it, I still click on record but it never turns blinking GREEN.  After cal ends a encoding box pops up for like 2 seconds and diapears.  That is about all i know Ive tried 3 times with the same results. Thank you for any help.

This post was edited on 02-21-2012 at 07:02 PM by zzCoolCatzz.
02-21-2012 06:35 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: