What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Windows live archived chat gone

Windows live archived chat gone
Author: Message:
Nauriel

O.P. Windows live archived chat gone
I moved a windows live messenger text chat that was archived into my documents an now can not open it. I get this error message:

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System error: -2146697211. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Documents and Settings/Susan/My Documents/MessageLog.xsl'.

Is there anyway to retrieve it? I only has sentimental value to me but the fact that it may be lost or destroyed makes me very sad :( Can anyone help please?

ucanfly02@hotmail.com

This post was edited on 03-12-2012 at 12:09 AM by Nauriel.
03-12-2012 12:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Windows live archived chat gone
It's just saying it can't find the XSL file that tells it how it should be structured. You can copy it from your normal log file folder to your archive one (obviously it's called MessageLog.xsl) and it should work fine.

This post was edited on 03-12-2012 at 01:51 AM by Spunky.
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
03-12-2012 01:50 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Nauriel

O.P. RE: Windows live archived chat gone
Can you explain in a bit more detail what I need to do? I'm a little bit of a computer dummy:$ LOL!

Thanks for your reply! :)
That file was called "history" and I can't find that now either. I'm lost here??
I did another search in history and this time for some reason found it and the file was there and opened just fine. Thanks so much for putting me on the right track.

Finding that file again definitely makes my day :clap:
03-12-2012 02:38 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: