What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Constant Freezing

Constant Freezing
Author: Message:
B~A

O.P. Constant Freezing
>Using windows XP as well as an up to date application version.

My client keeps freezing at sheer random at which point I'm forced to terminate the application from the task manager and reboot it entirely, losign in the process whatever people were telling me which I couldn't check as well as all logs in the conversation window.

This happens on an average of 20-30 times per day (I'm not even exagerating) and somehow most of it seems to be happening durign the evenings/night, though this makes no sense whatsoever.

It started about 3-4 weks ago, now before you tell me to scan for viruses, I have NOT downloaded anything suspicious, not opened ANY mail nor visited ANY untrusted websites that day.

I've attempted to fix the problem myself by searching for similar issues on search engines, re-installing the application with the installer on the official site didn't work because the file is recognized as invalid/broken by the computer. I've however managed to by-pass that problem by downloading an old MSN version, installing it then updating to the most recent Live version, to no avail.

My patience has quite depleted in the meanwhile and if a solution for this can't be found shortly, I would appreciate if I could be recommended any other similar application. This is unfortunate as I quite enjoyed MSN's very simple and convenient overall interface, but I can't keep using something that works about as well as a smashed-up car held together by duct tape.

EDIT:
Also, I do not have any form of extra plug-in, add-on, or any sort of 3rd party mod.

EDIT#2
I am somewhat embarrassed to say that as this forum came first (and only) on search engines I assumed it to be the main MSN / WLM forum and had not noticed this was strictly for the extension version.I'm sorry for the inconvenience now if you could kindly give me the URL of the main WLM support board I would appreciate as my search engine seems not to want to find it.

This post was edited on 03-18-2012 at 08:13 AM by B~A.
03-18-2012 02:44 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Nathalie
Former Yuna Software

– / Female / Flag
RE: Constant Freezing
quote:
Originally posted by B~A
>I am somewhat embarrassed to say that as this forum came first (and only) on search engines I assumed it to be the main MSN / WLM forum and had not noticed this was strictly for the extension version.I'm sorry for the inconvenience now if you could kindly give me the URL of the main WLM support board I would appreciate as my search engine seems not to want to find it.

Don't be embarrassed.  Often community members are able to help with WLM related questions.   There are topics on the forum beyond Messenger Plus! including "General Chit Chat", etc.  - just look through the sections according to your topic.  As long as you stay on topic and do not spam (see forum rules), you are welcome here.

We are not affiliated with Microsoft, but it looks like their official page for Windows XP Help is 

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/help/windows-xp with links to other sections and user forums.

You could also try this forum, not a Microsoft site:   http://windows7forums.com/windows-xp/
Nathalie
Community Liaison
Yuna Software

03-21-2012 10:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: