What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » How to fix xp? cd rom doesn't work :(

How to fix xp? cd rom doesn't work :(
Author: Message:
Mrchava

O.P. How to fix xp? cd rom doesn't work :(
Hi guys, I have a toshiba satellite laptop, I can't start windows xp on it, it was working fine but after uninstalling some stuff it hangs, I tried the safe mode, the normal mode, the safe mode with networking, and nothing, it just loads a few drivers and gets stuck, I thought I could repair thru the console but the DVD drive doesn't run the windows disk, I changed the settings in the bios to start from the cd but it doesn't, the disk is original, I tried an xp and a vista just in case, so I know it's not reading from the drive even thought the bios recognize it, so I tried plugging in an external DVD drive and boot from there, but it didn't work, I need ideas in how to get to the files in the hard drive, once there I can move files from the system restore to fix it up, please my super geek colleagues!
Sal
03-23-2012 08:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: How to fix xp? cd rom doesn't work :(
Try putting connecting the HDD to a PC (using sata to IDE adapter if needed). You should be able to put the CD into the PC and use the expand tool to put the files back on the HDD.

Don't know for sure though, because I've never done it that way before.

Alternatively, make an image of the CD using something like Magic ISO and then use a tool to "burn" it to a USB stick. Boot the laptop from the stick and install normally
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
03-23-2012 09:37 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
david02

you can install xp in your external hard drive by using your freinds laptop or from another source. after you get installed it then connect it in your laptop & see what happend?
11-14-2012 04:31 AM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by david02
you can install xp in your external hard drive by using your freinds laptop or from another source. after you get installed it then connect it in your laptop & see what happend?
Stop posting in old threads.
11-14-2012 12:32 PM
elektra

aka quacky

– / Male / –
i dnt thnk you can instll winodws is you;ve all ready instlled in on the drive disk. u hve to buy new drive disk to installer it. u go in to bios or something and chnge voltage to allow the cmpter to run the instller!!!!!!!"
[Image: ps3_forum2.jpg][Image: x360_forum2.jpg]
11-22-2012 11:12 AM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by elektra
i dnt thnk you can instll winodws is you;ve all ready instlled in on the drive disk. u hve to buy new drive disk to installer it. u go in to bios or something and chnge voltage to allow the cmpter to run the instller!!!!!!!"
What the hell are you talking about?!? Stop posting in old threads. You've been warned... next time :banh:...

This post was edited on 11-22-2012 at 04:21 PM by matty.
11-22-2012 04:19 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: