What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Skype » Skype Plus! Help » Chat log with WLM contacts

Chat log with WLM contacts
Author: Message:
ajp_anton

O.P. Chat log with WLM contacts
I'm about to move from WLM to Skype, now that the newest version of Skype allows signing in with my old WLM account.
I'd like to move all my old chat history with me, but it turns out it's not that easy...

Skype seems to use a weird, protected chat log format, so I'll start using the one provided by Messenger Plus. I never used it with WLM before.

Messenger Plus seems to use yet another type of chat log format, but it's easier to handle and open with a web browser whenever I don't have M+ running. It's still different from WLM's .xml format, but at least I can open both types with the same tools (both browser and M+'s chat log viewer).

So I have two problems.
- Not that important, but is it possible to convert the WLM chat logs into a M+ format, so it can continue saving chats in the existing files?
- More troubling, M+ doesn't seem to save chat logs for Messenger contacts at all. Skype contacts are working fine. Maybe it's because this is a new feature in the new Skype version that you need to add support for?

This post was edited on 11-06-2012 at 05:22 PM by ajp_anton.
11-06-2012 05:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Chat log with WLM contacts
quote:
Originally posted by ajp_anton
- More troubling, M+ doesn't seem to save chat logs for Messenger contacts at all. Skype contacts are working fine. Maybe it's because this is a new feature in the new Skype version that you need to add support for?
Correct. Yuna will need to add it.
quote:
Originally posted by ajp_anton
- Not that important, but is it possible to convert the WLM chat logs into a M+ format, so it can continue saving chats in the existing files?
Nothing was ever done for this.
11-07-2012 03:00 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: