What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Skype » Skype Plus! Help » MsgPlus for Skype not working!

MsgPlus for Skype not working!
Author: Message:
ableckov

O.P. Dodgy  MsgPlus for Skype not working!
I actually posted a couple of replies to someone else having the same issue.  I'm posting a new thread because I noticed he's never gotten a response and for 2 days my replies to the thread have gotten no response.

Recently did the 'upgrade' thing from Live Messenger to Skype (unwillingly, mind you).  Installed the MsgPlus app (twice now).  I can have an active conversation with my mother, for instance, who is also now using Skype, and when I try to send something, wink or otherwise, it tells me 'No conversation or call'...

Any help will be appreciated... I really want to like Skype, but with not many options within Skype it would be nice to have an app like MsgPlus work.

:@:@:@

.jpg File Attachment: screen msg plus.jpg (200.15 KB)
This file has been downloaded 129 time(s).
11-28-2012 10:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
jakuzi

RE: MsgPlus for Skype not working!
For me also, the message is the same.

What are you doing ? Help me, please, Skype is my only solution to speak with my friends

Sorry, i'm french
Jack
01-02-2013 01:03 PM
Nathalie
Former Yuna Software

– / Female / Flag
HI ableckov and jakuzi

We are working on the issues to be fixed for the next version of Messenger Plus! (for Skype)
Nathalie
Community Liaison
Yuna Software

01-02-2013 02:01 PM
ableckov

O.P. RE: MsgPlus for Skype not working!
Actually, I've had it working for some time now.  Not exactly sure what I did, but as I recall I uninstalled everything (Skype and msgplus) and re-installed from different links.

The only issue I seem to have now is: I have MsgPlus set to 'no history' but the conversations are always still there.  I have to 'clear history' manually, all the time.

And, I think this has to do with Skype, I find it difficult to call/video call other Skype users.  Generally, I have to sign out then back into skype. And a lot of times, I have to actually re-start my PC to get it to work.
01-02-2013 05:33 PM
mostly1119

how long do we have to wait until the MsgPlus issue for Skype is fixed? would we be better off deleting Skype and downloading the old version of Messenger? please advise!
01-02-2013 05:54 PM
ableckov

O.P. RE: MsgPlus for Skype not working!
I assume you realize (1119), you don't HAVE to use MsgPlus... Skype works just fine without it, you just don't have winks.

Keeping that in mind, you can use whatever messaging program you want, there are many out there.  If you go back to Messenger, just remember it will be history in a few months.

;)
01-03-2013 02:27 AM
Nathalie
Former Yuna Software

– / Female / Flag
As we have stated, Microsoft is continually making changes to Skype and Messenger as it works on its integration.  We are not affiliated with Microsoft but are following the changes and working to adapt Messenger Plus! features to support the integration.   We cannot give an exact time but state that the integration is a high priority this quarter.
Nathalie
Community Liaison
Yuna Software

01-03-2013 10:52 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: