What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Skype » Skype Plus! General » Skype plus with MSN feature

Skype plus with MSN feature
Author: Message:
EricB

O.P. Skype plus with MSN feature
Hi everyone,

Since MSN merge with Skype, a lot of options are not available using IM (instant messages).

1) Custom emoticons (Smileys)

2) Custom nickname

3) The nice friendly UI that WLM has (not the blue/white classy Skype UI that I really hate)

4) Offline messages

5) Display the personalized messages beside the name (I can only see it from people who are using WLM, but I cannot edit my own personalized message)

6) ability to change my WLM display picture (seems like I can change my Skype display picture, which I really don't care at the moment)

7) Open Hotmail emails from Skype

8 ) Nudges/winks?

9) Colored text

10) Put the Skype icon from the down banner (next to Start) to the right down icon menu (next to the time)

11) hide from certain MSN contacts (choose the people who can see you)

12) Pop-up telling you when you receive an email (hotmail, msn,...)

13) Copy/paste images directly in the chatting box, in order to look at it from both sides

14) ...

As you can see Skype is not made for IM but Microsoft launched anyway this simple merge with only a migration of contacts.
Don't really understand why Microsoft didn't launch a BETA version to see how users...!

Now, it is impossible to get back MSN on my computer since I did the migration (blocked)!
Is there someone who knows how to get back MSN 2012 on my Windows 7 ultimate 64bit, until Microsoft stop MSN in March 2013 and improve Skype?

I'm sure Skype PLUS will get a big amount of new users if they incorporate most of MSN options within Skype PLUS.
Is it possible?
12-07-2012 09:33 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mroeling

RE: Skype plus with MSN feature
Great list, i second these issues!
12-08-2012 11:53 AM
EricB

O.P. RE: Skype plus with MSN feature
Hi everyone,

If someone had the same problem as me, about after merging MSN into Skype and wants to get back MSN (and Messenger PLUS!), here you have the answer :

How to get back MSN

Regards,
Eric
12-12-2012 03:57 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: