What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Skype » Skype Plus! Help » Video Effects on XP affect Skype sound

Video Effects on XP affect Skype sound
Author: Message:
msmarti58

O.P. Video Effects on XP affect Skype sound
When my friend adds the Video Effects on her XP computer, then it affects the sound on Skype and there is a rumbling noise. Once we uninstalled Plus and then put it back on without the Video Effects driver, then all is back to normal. She has an old machine, a very basic webcam, and rather slow DSL. There is no problem on my end, high tech machine and fast internet and Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks. She wants to send me video effects.
01-22-2013 08:53 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
krypton

– / Male / Flag
RE: Video Effects on XP affect Skype sound
quote:
Originally posted by msmarti58
When my friend adds the Video Effects on her XP computer, then it affects the sound on Skype and there is a rumbling noise. Once we uninstalled Plus and then put it back on without the Video Effects driver, then all is back to normal. She has an old machine, a very basic webcam, and rather slow DSL. There is no problem on my end, high tech machine and fast internet and Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks. She wants to send me video effects.
Your friend had checked the amount of occupied RAM in the task manager when the Video Effects driver was enabled? Because if she has an old computer, I think the RAM probably it's insufficient for the execution of both processes (video effects and Messenger Plus! in combination) and this can be the reason of the malfunction.
Where is situated the option for enable/disable that driver, it's an option of Messenger Plus or of the operating system in control panel?

Requiremens for Messenger Plus! for Skype are these:

quote:
   PC running Windows XP, Vista or 7, both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems, Windows 8.
    Internet connection - broadband is best.
    For voice and video recording we recommend a computer with at least a 1GHz processor, 256 MB RAM and a webcam.
    Skype 5.0 or higher recommended.

source link: Messenger Plus! (for Skype) - Requiremens

For my personal opinion, 256 MB of RAM are too few, and optimistic, for a program rich of effects like this, anyhow...
It's more realistic to be in possess of a computer equipped with at least 1 GB, but it's the minimum, for be sure that the program works like desired.

This post was edited on 01-22-2013 at 06:56 PM by krypton.
01-22-2013 06:04 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
hannajue

RE: Video Effects on XP affect Skype sound
Does this works on window 7 ?

This post was edited on 07-05-2013 at 09:13 AM by hannajue.
04-23-2013 02:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: