What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Upcoming changes to the forums?

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Upcoming changes to the forums?
Author: Message:
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Upcoming changes to the forums?
Well, I have found recently, these forums and becoming neglected on its progress. And with Messenger Plus! Live on its way, it will need updating. So, what are you admins planning for these forums. I know I have my own improvments :)
  • Upgrade MyBB version (it is much safter and because of the new mod system, it should make no difference when updates are out)
  • New design (Messenger Plus! Live is no longer blue, however, I think it can stay, logo needs changing mind you)
  • Sticky threads need serious cleaning. I mean we cant have threads about modifing plugins, when they no longer exsit. Also the sposnor thread needs updating etc.

What improvements do you guys think are needed? :P
What do you admins think?

05-07-2006 11:35 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Upcoming changes to the forums?
Yer those 3 ideas are good, also maybe change the style of the forum to match the new plus live style?

This post was edited on 05-07-2006 at 11:38 AM by Discrate.
05-07-2006 11:38 AM
user27089
Disabled Account

The forum upgrade has been discussed many times, and I think WDZ is testing it on and off in another place, and trying to move stuff over. But he has coded this forum a lot, and it's probably very personal to him to be honest :p.. As he's put a lot into it (his own spare time)

I'm sure the new design will be done once Messenger Plus! Live is actually out.

Same as above about the threads, chances are it will stay open for a while, as Messenger Plus! still has a version for 7.5, and chances are people will be using that for months after MP!L has been released.
05-07-2006 11:39 AM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Upcoming changes to the forums?
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
using that for months after MP!L has been released.

I think as soon as MSN Messenger says an new version is advaliable, people wont be after Messenger Plus! 3.6. Still some sticky threads are really old now, and some contain old information, they need updating etc. :P If not deleting
05-07-2006 11:42 AM
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Upcoming changes to the forums?
quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
using that for months after MP!L has been released.

I think as soon as MSN Messenger says an new version is advaliable, people wont be after Messenger Plus! 3.6. Still some sticky threads are really old now, and some contain old information, they need updating etc. :P If not deleting

Well still, i am not going to upgrade to plus live or WLM for a long time. And i bet heaps of other people will do the same. But still i think some sticky's and the style should be changed.
05-07-2006 11:45 AM
lordy

34 / Male / Flag
I'd assume the forum would be redesigned to match the design of the new site... and we don't know what that will be yet :P
05-07-2006 11:47 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Nathan
Veteran Member

Yeah, "large dimensions" ;)

– / Male / Flag
No but some of the old  ones need to be kept because what about those people who have 98 and cant get windows live? Then they might still need help on the old msg plus.
So i say only keep the ones thatare important!
Touch Innovation - touch friendly programs/applications for the windows mobile!

05-07-2006 11:49 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Upcoming changes to the forums?
quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
No but some of the old  ones need to be kept because what about those people who have 98 and cant get windows live? Then they might still need help on the old msg plus.
So i say only keep the ones thatare important!

Microsoft are telling people who have windows 98 and M E to upgrade to Xp, also they said they are cutting all online help and other services for windows 98 and M E because they are out dated.
05-07-2006 11:51 AM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Upcoming changes to the forums?
lol I am not talking about this moment. But from what we can expect, Windows Live Messenger will be out in the next couple of weeks, and Messenger Plus! Live soon after.

So admins need to think what they are going to do. And alot of the changes are simple enough. However, the MyBB upgrade is a major issue. But if you upgrading alot of things you may as well upgrade the board, mainly for sercuity and bug fixes pruposes. Viewing these forums in IE can mess up alot of the time. :)
05-07-2006 11:58 AM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
well i was hoping that a new forum will be created on msgpluslive.net so msghelplive.net or something
05-07-2006 12:13 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: