What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Has opened a conv...

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Has opened a conv...
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Has opened a conv...
In short:

forget everything about the so called open-window/closed-window notifiers. Don't bother trying to understand it or interpreting it:

Those things do not work at all!, do not use them....

quote:
From an original posting by CookieRevised in private beta testing subforum

(...) As so many people already said before (and TB already repeated again): such stuff is not reliable; in fact it does not work at all anymore!!!!*

(...) It is because of this that I think people should ban the idea in their head that open-convo, close-convo, block-checkers and all that kind of stuff still works; it does not work anymore since a long long looooooooooooong time...

quote:
I know it is unreliable etc. etc.
this is why I am asking to add it as a "hidden" feature. If a user is smart enough to enable it, he/she will know (or be alerted) that it is not reliable.
What would a hidden function be good for when it doesn't work in the first place? What are you going to interpret, a random message? All you could interpret/say about it is that it is random...

(...) Roll a dice whenever your clock beeps every 15 minutes. When you roll an even number put a sticker on your screen that I opened a convo window with you, when you roll an odd number, put a sticker on your screen which states that SunShine opened a convo with you. This is EXACTLY how "reliable" and "working" this function would be: absolutely NOT working in any way at all.

(...) Also people should really ban the idea that "It works, but it isn't reliable. Though expert users could interpret the event, so it is maybe still a bit usefull" and the likes... Absolutely NOT!

If it isn't reliable you have absolutely NO way of knowing if the event was legit or if it was a false trigger. There is nothing to interpret anything. You might as well just write a script which randomly shows you a message "user x has opened a window" at some random intervals. It will equally be accurate. And it will "work" just as good as those so called open-window notifiers.

This post was edited on 06-02-2006 at 12:03 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-02-2006 11:56 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
alltalk

– / Male / –
ya.. i see that all the time too..   so if u click on their name only, will it show xxxx has opened a conversatiion with you too??
06-12-2006 06:24 PM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
Perhaps. It will too if your msn retrieves their DP, and many other combinations stated above.
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
06-12-2006 06:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
alltalk

– / Male / –
RE: RE: Has opened a conv...
quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
Perhaps. It will too if your msn retrieves their DP, and many other combinations stated above.

damn.. i thought u had to open their box to show up "xxx has opened a conversatiion with you.".. this is sick man..
06-12-2006 08:54 PM
GiantSpider
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
Quite obviously not, as has been stated several times throughout the thread.
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
In short:

lol, they never are
06-12-2006 08:58 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites