What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Release] Send on Signin v1.50.03

Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
[Release] Send on Signin v1.50.03
Author: Message:
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. [Release] Send on Signin v1.50.03
Well it has been a while since I dusted off the cobwebs for this script, but I thought I should update my first significant script for the scripting competition.

The same fundamental principal still applies, this script displays a toast when a contact signs in, if clicked a present message is sent to save you time.

To configure the message to your contacts, just use the menu (I didn't code the commands into this version, if you really want them then I can write them in again).

I hope you like version 1.50.03

As usual, I advise you to turn off other notifications of your contacts coming online when using this script or else you will get multiple notifications.

I hope you all like it :cheesy:.

- fixed a problem when looking at the message you saved without restarting the script/messenger

.plsc File Attachment: Send on Signin 1.50.03.plsc (3.38 KB)
This file has been downloaded 402 time(s).

This post was edited on 12-20-2006 at 08:34 AM by markee.
[Image: markee.png]
07-11-2006 01:50 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] Send on Signin
quote:
Originally posted by markee
isn't more than 5 lines long
Just goes to show the power of scripting :D

And it sounds like quite a good idea too. Especially for those that always start their convos the exact same way (I always say 'heyo' myself).
[Image: spartaafk.png]
07-11-2006 03:13 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Send on Signin
Well it's nice to see that someone else likes the scipt :)
07-11-2006 03:24 PM
jmccarroll

39 / Male / –
This is great... but is there a way to make the messages sent user specific? Like if you wanted to say 'hey' to one person but 'sup?' to another?
07-11-2006 03:27 PM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
I could do this but you would have to set each person's individually (and in a chat window with them).  I'd also keep a possibility of having a default response incase you hadn't added something yet.
07-11-2006 03:32 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
I'd like that added aswell.

Also, a toast comes up for when they sign in, and for the script. Couldn't there just be 1 toast, the 'click to say hi' toast for the script and not the normal WLM toast (disable?) ?
Forget that, then you'll have to say hi to them when you click the toast.:P

But very nice script, however would be alot better with the suggestion posted above :D:P

This post was edited on 07-11-2006 at 04:11 PM by Chris4.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
07-11-2006 04:04 PM
jmccarroll

39 / Male / –
quote:
I could do this but you would have to set each person's individually (and in a chat window with them).  I'd also keep a possibility of having a default response incase you hadn't added something yet.
Yeah honestly that's what I thought this did.  I went through some of my contacts and set what I wanted it to say, and then went into the registry to see how it was stored and stuff and found out that only the last one I entered was saved.
07-11-2006 04:10 PM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by jmccarroll
quote:
Yeah honestly that's what I thought this did.  I went through some of my contacts and set what I wanted it to say, and then went into the registry to see how it was stored and stuff and found out that only the last one I entered was saved.

You can fix the double toasts by just disabling the WLM one, I can't do this using the scripting engine (well not that I know of), you can just change it in the options though.

Nice to see people liking it, I'll definitely try my best to get the script able for individual hellos as soon as possible (when I wake up that is) (Y)

Sorry I'll get to it in the morning, it's getting late.  I'm sorry that it didn't change for each contact but the next version will (should be within 24hrs unless something big happens to me).

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
I'd like that added aswell.

Also, a toast comes up for when they sign in, and for the script. Couldn't there just be 1 toast, the 'click to say hi' toast for the script and not the normal WLM toast (disable?) ?
Forget that, then you'll have to say hi to them when you click the toast.:P

But very nice script, however would be alot better with the suggestion posted above :D:P
07-11-2006 04:19 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
I'm sorry that it didn't change for each contact but the next version will (should be within 24hrs unless something big happens to me).
No need to say sorry, was just a suggestion :P
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
07-11-2006 04:27 PM
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag

quote:
This script displays a toast when a contact signs in, if clicked a present message is sent to save you time.

I hope you find this useful.  It might not do much but I'm quite proud of it being my first scipt that isn't more than 5 lines long :P

Command
/hello               write message after to set as auto message

Any ideas on imroving the scipt are welcome.
I like it! :) A simple but still very useful script. :) Yes, I like it. (Y)
:plus4: Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
07-11-2006 04:33 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: