Shoutbox

Block detecting script - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Block detecting script (/showthread.php?tid=76647)

Block detecting script by SmokingCookie on 08-09-2007 at 11:34 AM

Isn't it an idea to create a Block detection script? Please note that I am NOT a script creator. I got this idea because I wanted to know whether a contact has blocked me or not.

RE: Block detecting script by MeEtc on 08-09-2007 at 11:37 AM

Block checkers DO NOT work

RE: Block detecting script by SmokingCookie on 08-09-2007 at 11:42 AM

Well, my idea was to have a script which requires the contact ,from who you want to know whether he/she has blocked you, to have it installed too. Just a Status Sender which sends your status to a remote computer...

RE: Block detecting script by MeEtc on 08-09-2007 at 11:54 AM

Lots to choose from for that.

[BETA] Status2HTTP 0.3
[HYPE] Web2Live
Web2Messenger
WLMWebStatus
MyStatus

RE: Block detecting script by SmokingCookie on 08-09-2007 at 12:08 PM

I made a diagram to show what I mean, see the attatchment.

RE: Block detecting script by Volv on 08-09-2007 at 12:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SmokingCookie
Well, my idea was to have a script which requires the contact ,from who you want to know whether he/she has blocked you, to have it installed too.
Why would the contact install a script which lets you know if they've blocked you?
RE: Block detecting script by SmokingCookie on 08-09-2007 at 12:15 PM

Well, just to log his/her status on an external computer, to see whether he/she has been hacked or something like that. And maybe to log other things like conversations (NOTE:: I work on 2 computers and I cannot combine the logs from each one. That might also be a reason to install such a script...). And if his/her PC crashes without a proper reason, they might see non-discovered MSN leaks as backdoor for a hacker that makes the PC crash... (most extreme reason but who cares??).