What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Sponsor software idea

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] Last »
Sponsor software idea
Author: Message:
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
RE: Sponsor software idea
quote:
Originally posted by saralk
i think that u should keep the wording, but have non of the radio buttons selected at the start, so people who speed click will get a message saying "please state if you want to install messenger plus! with or without the sponsor software"
in fact none of the radio buttons is selected by default and the Install button is disabled until the user selects if s/he wants or not install the sponsor.
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
06-03-2004 02:38 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Kian

41 / Male / –
RE: RE: Sponsor software idea
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
quote:
Originally posted by saralk
i think that u should keep the wording, but have non of the radio buttons selected at the start, so people who speed click will get a message saying "please state if you want to install messenger plus! with or without the sponsor software"
in fact none of the radio buttons is selected by default and the Install button is disabled until the user selects if s/he wants or not install the sponsor.

Well well well... You are absolutely right but one of the problems is that if you choose not to install the sponser the text fades into dimmed gray. Folks like me are often use to that if text becomes dimmed it is impossible to continue installing the program and I have talked to many who says that 'I was unable to continue because the text became dimmed'

I don't know how to solve this problem and in fact I don't care (as long as I know how to solve the problem myself [read: choose the right radiobutton])

// Kian
lets get one thing straight - i am NOT
06-03-2004 03:22 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Kian
You are absolutely right but one of the problems is that if you choose not to install the sponser the text fades into dimmed gray. Folks like me are often use to that if text becomes dimmed it is impossible to continue installing the program and I have talked to many who says that 'I was unable to continue because the text became dimmed'
yes, it goes grey because it doesn't apply for that option... I see your point however when you select that radio, the install button is enabled and it isn't very hard to see that you can click on it and continue :^)
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
06-03-2004 03:35 PM
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
maybe patchou should abandon that idea altogether and have an advert in the prefrences panel, guido made a screenshot for it once, and it looked cool
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
06-03-2004 04:56 PM
Kian

41 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
quote:
Originally posted by Kian
You are absolutely right but one of the problems is that if you choose not to install the sponser the text fades into dimmed gray. Folks like me are often use to that if text becomes dimmed it is impossible to continue installing the program and I have talked to many who says that 'I was unable to continue because the text became dimmed'
yes, it goes grey because it doesn't apply for that option... I see your point however when you select that radio, the install button is enabled and it isn't very hard to see that you can click on it and continue :^)

I know I know... but still - its kinda fooling people. If something turns dimmed it appears like it is not possible to continue like not accepting an EULA or so...

Anyway this was just a note - I know it is impossible to do anything about it :D just wanted to mention it :P

// Kian
06-03-2004 11:16 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
quote:
I know I know... but still - its kinda fooling people
Are you kidding me? The only reason why I grey out the options is to make it very clear that the agreement doesnt apply anymore, so that some people are reassured that they dont have to read anything. The Install button gets enabled immediately and I don't see any way people could miss that. I think you're just trying too hard :p.
[Image: signature2.gif]
06-04-2004 06:04 AM
Kian

41 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
quote:
I know I know... but still - its kinda fooling people
Are you kidding me? The only reason why I grey out the options is to make it very clear that the agreement doesnt apply anymore, so that some people are reassured that they dont have to read anything. The Install button gets enabled immediately and I don't see any way people could miss that. I think you're just trying too hard :p.

I shouldn't have mentioned it. I think the conclusion is: Danes are more stupid than other people :D

// Kian
06-04-2004 10:23 AM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: