What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » advertisemnts still on!

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
advertisemnts still on!
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: advertisemnts still on!
quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
That ad looks like it doesn't quite fit properly...it goes into the contact window and the options box where it shouldn't...either it's been badly photoshoped and you're having us on or you have had a bad patch for the main .exe file...
Nothing of that...... It is Messenger Plus! that 1) modifies your contactlist window and 2) removes the banner.... part 1 worked because the bottom bar is very small, but part 2 the removing of the picturecontrol for the banner isn't...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-09-2004 05:56 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
MC Inferno
Veteran Member

www.mcinferno.co.uk

35 / Male / Flag
If y'all despirate, theres other patches that have the ad-remover included. you might wanna try that. I'd offer a few examples, but I cant remember any :P haha
05-09-2004 06:54 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
gliazzurra

@Matty.
I try logging off, and the ad is gone, but if i sign in again, then it will be there.. my guess is it has something to do with the tabs.. i used to have only one extra tab, which is the one with bell icon, but somehow the other 3 emerged out of nowhere and i cant get rid of them :(
I also tried regedit.exe, the showbanner is 0, and i even tried removing the nobody key, but still it wont work..
thanks for the suggestion tho.. :)
05-10-2004 09:06 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by gliazzurra
@Matty.
I try logging off, and the ad is gone, but if i sign in again, then it will be there.. my guess is it has something to do with the tabs.. i used to have only one extra tab, which is the one with bell icon, but somehow the other 3 emerged out of nowhere and i cant get rid of them :(
I also tried regedit.exe, the showbanner is 0, and i even tried removing the nobody key, but still it wont work..
thanks for the suggestion tho.. :)
The contactlist window is a different window then the signin window. On the signin window there isn't a banner IIRC. This has nothing todo with the tabs...

Those other 3 tabs, if they include a tab of Messenger Plus!, then they emerged because you installed the Custom Games Patch... If the Messenger Plus! tab isn't there and they are 3 tabs from microsoft related material then Microsoft decided to add those tabs for your local region you're in.

Regedit wont do a thing for the banner. The banner is an object, like the list is an object, the menu is an object, your screenname is an object, etc..., heck every piece of the window is an object. And every object has a internal name. Plus! normaly removes that object where the banner is shown from the contactlist. But because of an error (or a namechange of that object done by microsoft) Plus! couldn't find that object to remove. This is fixed in Messenger Plus! 3 for as far as I can reproduce it.

This post was edited on 05-11-2004 at 08:18 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-10-2004 09:56 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
gliazzurra

ic.. i guess i'll have to wait for Plus! 3 release.. thanx a lot..!! :)
05-10-2004 11:27 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Tarry

MsgPlus?lang=ca

– / Male / –
RE: RE: advertisemnts still on!
quote:
Originally posted by gliazzurra
ic.. i guess i'll have to wait for Plus! 3 release.. thanx a lot..!! :)

Actually I have last Plus! 3 Transbeta (cuz I'm a translator) and there's still da bug.
05-10-2004 08:30 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: