What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » Choli's Translator users, READ: Prefab quicktexts commands

Choli's Translator users, READ: Prefab quicktexts commands
Author: Message:
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
O.P. Choli's Translator users, READ: Prefab quicktexts commands
[QuickText.Defaults]
;These values must NOT be translated nor replicated in any translation file
Def1Cmd=Slap
Def2Cmd=ChocolateBar
Def3Cmd=BigKiss

These values must not be translated and those who use Choli's Translators don't see the comments and might have translated these three keys aswell. Correct it ASAP!

Example (Spanish translation, where Choli himself works :grin:):

[QuickText.Defaults]
Def1Cmd=Bofetón
Def2Cmd=Chocolate
Def3Cmd=Besazo

This is very important because it might cause bugs (It did so in Catalan, I don't know whiy it doesn't in Spanish, but whatever, do what Patchou says)

I want to encourage Choli again to let his brilliant piece of software (boing) show comments.
(comments only affect inside a group; when there's a new group without any comment, they don't apply anymore)
05-07-2004 10:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
RE: Choli's Translator users, READ: Prefab quicktexts commands
quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
These values must not be translated and those who use Choli's Translators don't see the comments and might have translated these three keys aswell. Correct it ASAP!
those who use my translator, shoud read manually the file DefaultLg.dat at least once to read the comments:
quote:
Originally posted by at patchou's mail

Note about the translation tool: you probably received an email today about Choli's tool. This software is an great piece of work, however, you still have to follow the steps mentionned in the translation document to create the proper file for your language.

quote:
Example (Spanish translation, where Choli himself works ):
lol, that was jpg050, not me :P and also we were testing and that was a beta version of the final translation file
quote:
This is very important because it might cause bugs (It did so in Catalan, I don't know whiy it doesn't in Spanish, but whatever, do what Patchou says)
that doesn't cause bugs. It just only will create the q texts with those commands, not the original ones.

please, read this:
quote:
Originally posted by at one mail Patchou sent me

I don’t want the command labels to be translated because I everyone to use the same command.. if you translate that, you would have to translate any other command in Messenger Plus!. The user can change the command himself if he wants anyway.

quote:
I want to encourage Choli again to let his brilliant piece of software (boing) show comments.
(comments only affect inside a group; when there's a new group without any comment, they don't apply anymore)
you're wrong. Comments doesn't affect to anything. They're just there, nothing more (<- standar specification of ini files). But Patchou uses them to make reference to what is comment after them and he usually puts them before a new sections starts, but there also are comments that are between keys of the same section, for example that one you posted.
Messenger Plus! en español:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
05-07-2004 11:14 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Choli's Translator users, READ: Prefab quicktexts commands
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
Comments doesn't affect to anything. They're just there, nothing more (<- standar specification of ini files). But Patchou uses them to make reference to what is comment after them and he usually puts them before a new sections starts, but there also are comments that are between keys of the same section, for example that one you posted.

Yeah right, but this translator is specifically for Patchou's files,  so if Patchou uses comments in that way, comments should be understood in that way and thus implemented as I tried to explain above. I meant exaclty this, but the explanation may have been a little confusing. :^)

Anyway, it caused a bug in Catalan, when I tested it. Dunno how, dunno why, but it did, before I recalled this we hadn't to translate.

Anyway, just reminding people about that (not blaming you) ;)
05-08-2004 12:37 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
It is possible, though, for Patchou to add a prefix such as NOTRANS to a not-intended-to-be-translated entry, like
code:
NOTRANS_Def1Cmd=Slap
It adds 8x3=24 bytes (or 48 bytes in Unicode) to every current translation file, and I think it's kinda bearable. Easy for Choli to code the dectector of this prefix too;) If the prefix is found in an entry's key name, just don't show it in the TreeView. :)
05-08-2004 02:32 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
Yeah right, but this translator is specifically for Patchou's files,  so if Patchou uses comments in that way, comments should be understood in that way and thus implemented as I tried to explain above. I meant exaclty this, but the explanation may have been a little confusing.
yes, i know. However, comments won't be implemented (at least won't be implemented soon). They're a p*** in the a*** :P and I should change a lot of code....
quote:
Anyway, it caused a bug in Catalan, when I tested it. Dunno how, dunno why, but it did, before I recalled this we hadn't to translate.
if you told me the bug in msn, that was long time ago and I fixed it in 1.2.29... anyway, :blah!:, who cares about your bugs :refuck:? j/k ;)
quote:
Anyway, just reminding people about that (not blaming you)
yes, i know :)
quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
It adds 8x3=24 bytes (or 48 bytes in Unicode) to every current translation file, and I think it's kinda bearable. Easy for Choli to code the dectector of this prefix too If the prefix is found in an entry's key name, just don't show it in the TreeView.
yes, that's not too much size, and would be easyly detectec and not added to the treeview.

but...
quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
It is possible, though, for Patchou to add a prefix such as NOTRANS to a not-intended-to-be-translated entry, like
that would be a solution, but where's the point in havin such keys if they aren't gonna be used *? imo, they should be removed...

* note: In fact they're used, but patchou doesn't allow us to translate them, so having them is useles (as all those keys are (or should be) the same in all languages)

:)
05-08-2004 01:49 PM
Edu115

oh .. i had a bug too .. maybe it's because of this ..
when i tried to execute those shortcuts, the message was in spanish.. it should be in portuguese, as it was translated to portuguese in the .ini file.
[Image: sign.jpg]
05-08-2004 07:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Edu115
when i tried to execute those shortcuts, the message was in spanish.. it should be in portuguese, as it was translated to portuguese in the .ini file.
those shortcuts are user by plus when it's installed. never more are used. You installed plus in spanish and now you have spanish shortcuts. go to your quick texts preferences panel and change them there.
05-08-2004 08:15 PM
Edu115

RE: RE: Choli's Translator users, READ: Prefab quicktexts commands
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
quote:
Originally posted by Edu115
those shortcuts are user by plus when it's installed. never more are used. You installed plus in spanish and now you have spanish shortcuts. go to your quick texts preferences panel and change them there.

No.. i was talking about the shortcuts for quick texts ..
I had installed plus in portuguese and when i went to my quick texts preferences they were in portuguese as well .. But now, i've removed the values Def1Cmd, Def2Cmd and Def3Cmd, i've restored the settings and everything works fine ..
[Image: sign.jpg]
05-08-2004 08:42 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: