What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Still Running Into Garbled Text Email Line

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Still Running Into Garbled Text Email Line
Author: Message:
cwgriffin7

RE: Still Running Into Garbled Text Email Line
I'm using English.  As far as the garbled line goes, this morning it looks ok.....not sure what changed.  I'm a little hesitant to say the problem is fixed though b/c on the old version it'd appear properly sometimes and sometimes not.  I'll let you know if it comes back in a bit.  Also, it is probably relevant to note that I don't use any patches.
06-03-2004 02:46 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Mike
Elite Member

Meet the Spam Family!

31 / Male / Flag
Thats a pop3 problem...
Try disabling POP3 email client and see if this does it...
YouTube closed-captions ripper (also allows you to download videos!)
06-03-2004 02:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Lost_Soul

55 / Male / –
I also am seeing the garbled text on my ME system, but all other issues seem to be resolved. (I will make a comment on the other thread about it being fixed).

I did try this with both the windows's X skin, and without.

Mike2, we are aware that this is a problem when POP3 is enabled, that is what we are all hoping is resolved, as it doesn't seem to be a consistant problem on all OS's :D

Patchou, the question I have for you on this POP3 problem, have you actually experienced it, or do you need a step by step on how this appears, and what our specific settings are to help resolve this on the older systems that it appears to only be happening on?
[Image: logo.gif]
I've Checked your computer. The Tech problem lies between your keyboard and your chair.
06-03-2004 04:21 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
I have never experienced this problem and I can't find a possible reason in my code. I've added some more protections in Plus! 3.01 but apparently, it was not enough. If you can give me step by step instructions to reproduce the problem, I'd be glad to hear them. First, I'll jsut need to confirm with you that the bug appears on a virgin non-modified version of MSN Messenger :).
[Image: signature2.gif]
06-03-2004 11:24 PM
cwgriffin7

It appeared with me on Version 6.2 of messenger, unmodified, virgin, whatever you want to call it, except for the fact it had MSG Plus! 3.1.  The upside is that whatever the problem was might've gone away.  I'm up to 10 hours here without any such problems.  I'm just about ready to declare the problem solved.  The unfortunate thing is that I didn't do anything different, so I can't tell you how it was solved.  Last night I rebooted my computer and it still was weird.  I shut it off and went to bed, and this morning all is perfect.  See if you can make heads or tails out of that.....I don't see any natural reason why it would suddenly cure itself after a second reboot.  Thanks for the great work, Patchou!
06-03-2004 11:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Lost_Soul

55 / Male / –
V6.2.0133 direct from messenger.msn.com
Win ME
Plus 3.01.94

The symptoms have happened with both 'virgin' install, and Window's X version (Just wanted to clarify that I have done both)

I have 4 fields filled out on POP3 feature as follows.

(Ya know... as I started to fill this part out, I realize that I am using Hotmail Popper v2.1.0 for my hotmail.com/msn.com accounts, so this might be an issue. I will have to experiment on my ME system tomorrow, and I will follow up with it.)

But for now these are the paramaters and results:

Account 1:
Email address: blah@msn.com
Server: 127.0.0.1 : 110
Login: blah@msn.com
Password: *******

Account 2:
Email address: glob@msn.com
Login: glob@msn.com
Password: *******

Account 3:
Email address: dodah@hotmail.com
Login: dodah@hotmail.com
Password: *****

Account 4:
Email Address: work@mortgagecompany.net
Server: mail.mortgagecompany.net
Login: work@mortgagecompany.net
Password: ********

The master signin is on a @hotmail addy (not that that is relavant). Everything has responded just like it did on v2 of plus, as i've followed along with the same criterea all along.

When first pulling messenger out of the task bar, I will see all current unread mails in the master hotmail account displayed properly, then after the delay I will see all total mails (read and unread) from all the remaining 4 accounts also displayed properly. At some point after this, is when the X number of mails line garbles like the screeen shots that you have seen so many of. Hopefully that helps clarify things a bit for you.

I will test everything again tomorrow using non hotmail/msn accounts that I have from other servers, just in case the hotmail popper might be causing the conflict on my ME system.

If I have missed any steps that would help you, or more information is needed, either leave a message here, or catch me on my signatures site, as I'm one of the bosses over there :D

I've Checked your computer. The Tech problem lies between your keyboard and your chair.
06-04-2004 01:05 AM
Lost_Soul

55 / Male / –
The only conclusion that I can come up with, is that Hotmail Popper is not the cause, as I have tried combinations of accounts including the above listed ones, and a couple accounts that i have @comcast.net. It still appears to happen at random when it does happen, whether Popper is running or not.

A couple things that I can add:

1. On the initial signin, it will always display the single account that just signed in's total. Then it will (after a short delay) show the total from the other Plus listed accounts. If I just let it sit it will not garble. It only happens after I bring messenger back to the front (after closing other IE applications or such). For an instant you will see the proper count, and then it garbles. Even then it is random as to when it happens.

2. Once the total of the Plus listed accounts is displayed, no matter how i minimize messenger (to task bar or the tray), when I pull it back up to the front. It still displays the Plus listed account total. Shouldn't this display the sign in account's total, and then delay and show the Plus account total?

(All of this post is in regards to my ME system)
06-05-2004 12:34 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Lost_Soul: thx for all the details, thats helpful. As for delaying the modification of the text, that was a problem in version 3.00 that has been solved in 3.01 (it will be delayed only the first time).
[Image: signature2.gif]
06-05-2004 08:09 AM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: