What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Sponsor Program becoming agressive?

Sponsor Program becoming agressive?
Author: Message:
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
O.P. Undecided  Sponsor Program becoming agressive?
Well here's the deal, I mistakenly installed teh Sponsor program when I installed MsgPlus 3.01, and got rid of it via how is instructed in several threads in this forum. All was well before I left to start house-sitting (which I still am, but I go back to my house to use the PC.) I don't usually use IE, but I did to look @ the Halo 2 ilovebees.com thing and noticed the sponsor search bar was there (and I got rid of it @ the end of June, I checked.) I have not installed/modified anything accept adding software support through my IPOD and 1 freeware program (both of which AFTER I noticed the search bar was back.)

Anyone know what's going on? (I tried getting rid of it again...it's baaaAAAck o.O)
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
07-30-2004 09:12 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Sponsor Program becoming agressive?
Did you try http://www.lop.com/new_uninstall.exe
07-30-2004 10:39 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
My first suggestion would be, try to reinstall WITH the sponsor and then uninstall Plus! again. But make absolutely sure that ALL your browser windows are closed (instead of using http://www.lop.com/new_uninstall.exe)....

This post was edited on 07-30-2004 at 10:50 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-30-2004 10:50 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Sponsor Program becoming agressive?
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
My first suggestion would be, try to reinstall WITH the sponsor and then uninstall Plus! again. But make absolutely sure that ALL your browser windows are closed (instead of using http://www.lop.com/new_uninstall.exe)....

I tried that o.O last time I un-installed Plus! re-installed WITH sponsor, un-installed again, then re-intalled WITHOUT sponsor...

Like I said, it WAS gone, but it came back for no apparent reason o.O
07-30-2004 10:53 PM
lopardo
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
Maybe you can uninstall it with BHODemon (it checks for browser helper objects for IE). And maybe you should check what programs are in the autorun list with Autoruns.
[Image: userbar452797dd.gif]
07-30-2004 11:35 PM
Craig1

Try Spybot S&D or Ad-Aware. It happened to me to and they got rid of all the sponser programs.
07-31-2004 07:07 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
It came back?? strange... I know they are currently updating their softwre to provide a much better/useful bar, that may be a glitch related to the current update. Can you tell me exactly how much time it takes for the bar to come back by itself? also, did you close all your programs before unisntallign the sponsor and did you restart your computer after the uninstall?
[Image: signature2.gif]
07-31-2004 07:09 AM
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Craig1
Try Spybot S&D or Ad-Aware. It happened to me to and they got rid of all the sponser programs.
Do not use Spybot search and Destroy or Adware removers to get rid of the sponsor program in Messenger Plus!...it can just lead to  the sponsor getting damaged and making it harder to remove...
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
07-31-2004 08:52 AM
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Sponsor Program becoming agressive?
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
It came back?? strange... I know they are currently updating their softwre to provide a much better/useful bar, that may be a glitch related to the current update. Can you tell me exactly how much time it takes for the bar to come back by itself? also, did you close all your programs before unisntallign the sponsor and did you restart your computer after the uninstall?

I am not sure how long it took to come back (Like I said, I am house sitting, so to use my PC I come home, and either way I used FF for the large part of browsing.)

I followed the instructions (closed EVERYTHING, even norton and windowblinds) and then restarted, did a search with AdAware AND Spybot, re-started again and everything was fine (this was the second time, the first time I didn't use the ad/spyware programs) and it came back :S

If it is something to do with the updates, that would mean that even if you don't want it to, a little fragment always stays with your PC o.O

This post was edited on 07-31-2004 at 07:08 PM by .blade//.
07-31-2004 07:07 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: