What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Messenger Discovery better then Msgplus?

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
Messenger Discovery better then Msgplus?
Author: Message:
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Discovery better then Msgplus?
And MessengerDiscovery creates its own "Always on Icon", and changes MSN proxy settings.
08-05-2004 09:24 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Sk3tch
Veteran Member

We are Samurai, the keyboard cowboys

38 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Dane
And MessengerDiscovery creates its own "Always on Icon",
So did Plus! back in the day :P I think :S... my memory is getting bad lol

Anyway, you can hide the icon if you dont like it there...

And the proxy settings change is how the program gets its power. Its nothing really major in change, only that its using a proxy.. which can be done manually in settings with a few clicks.. :P

However, MD was just too buggy.. and i didnt like it using a proxy to connect :dodgy:
MP pwns MD
Sk3tch@Microsoft.com - Email
- 53 6B 33 74 63 68 34 64@hotmail.com - Messenger
08-05-2004 09:46 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
you can hide MD's icon and so what if it uses a proxy ^o) it only accepts requests from localhost and MD will turn into a very good  plug in for messenger but its still in its early stages
[Image: dt2.0v2.png]      Happy Birthday, WDZ
08-05-2004 10:20 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
bungleMX

discovery better thand MP!? LOL NOT IN A MILLION OF YEARS
Every time i had traying to use Discovery my msn stops to loggin in some accounts, then they updateit with that bug resolved, but it was bul***it hehe my msn did the same, the only i could do to fix that problem was uninstalling msn, installing an old vesion, uninstallit again and install again the newest version of msn, was a really pain in te as, I will neve gonna install than f*** discovery again even with a hundreds of udates from them 8o|:P
08-06-2004 04:52 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Titty

titty is me ;p

– / Female / –
RE: RE: Messenger Discovery better then Msgplus?
quote:
Originally posted by bungleMX
discovery better thand MP!? LOL NOT IN A MILLION OF YEARS
Every time i had traying to use Discovery my msn stops to loggin in some accounts, then they updateit with that bug resolved, but it was bul***it hehe my msn did the same, the only i could do to fix that problem was uninstalling msn, installing an old vesion, uninstallit again and install again the newest version of msn, was a really pain in te as, I will neve gonna install than f*** discovery again even with a hundreds of udates from them 8o|:P

I had a difficult time as well.  I just tested it out. 
I literally uninstalled it like a few minutes later.
I had a similiar problem to yours, where I couldn't login correctly with
the plugin installed. :S

I just uninstalled it, I don't need the bullshit.

This post was edited on 08-11-2004 at 09:10 AM by Titty.
08-11-2004 09:09 AM
Pyroteq
Veteran Member

Formally 'Scone'

33 / Male / –
thier support sucks, i poste about a problem i had with the program (the central program controller is missing) and that was 3 days ago and they havnt yet replied or even noted on there that i had a problem, when i needed help with plus there was a reply within about 5min!
08-11-2004 09:15 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Scone
thier support sucks, i poste about a problem i had with the program (the central program controller is missing) and that was 3 days ago and they havnt yet replied or even noted on there that i had a problem
3 days is not so uncommon. Don't forget that its forum doesn't have much members and even less members who realy can help (IIRC only Ecko is there to help)... The Plus! forum is an exception among forums (I like to think), there are many people here who can and will help, so of course the delay will be much much less...

This post was edited on 08-11-2004 at 10:04 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-11-2004 10:04 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
i currently have messengerdiscovery installed i hadnt been able to use it for a while as the options button had been greyed out i then went into options to look at a few things then went into extended contacts clicked the force contacts to show on next signing and ever since its not worked the options button is greyed out again and the extended contacts that were added to my contact list which wasnt all of them disappeared. apparently md version 3 is supposed to be better but we will see. as some people have said its a relatively new plugin so im not going to be harsh on it im sure one day it will be as stable and helpful as plus is now. i dont think either plus or md are better however plus is more stable. my hope is that one day messengerdiscovery will be a very stable and useful addoin to plus and that md and plus wiull have full compatability with each other and complement each other like stuffplug and plus do right now.
11-10-2004 06:38 PM
Fraisie
Former Super Mod

Pixie Dust!

42 / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
i currently have messengerdiscovery installed i hadnt been able to use it for a while as the options button had been greyed out i then went into options to look at a few things then went into extended contacts clicked the force contacts to show on next signing and ever since its not worked the options button is greyed out again and the extended contacts that were added to my contact list which wasnt all of them disappeared. apparently md version 3 is supposed to be better but we will see. as some people have said its a relatively new plugin so im not going to be harsh on it im sure one day it will be as stable and helpful as plus is now. i dont think either plus or md are better however plus is more stable. my hope is that one day messengerdiscovery will be a very stable and useful addoin to plus and that md and plus wiull have full compatability with each other and complement each other like stuffplug and plus do right now.

Oh come on, dont bring back such an old topic...!
So, Fraisie.net is empty atm. I\'m trying to come up with something cool to put on it, and I will!
11-10-2004 06:40 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: