What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » hey programmers!

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
1 votes - 5 average   hey programmers!
Author: Message:
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: hey programmers!
Let me bring my 5 cents to this thread... I am personally not a VB programmer, not at all. I started with C/c++ directly so I never had to switch. However,the fact remains: C++ is a third generation language, VB is a fourth generation (like C#).

The fact that the syntax is easier could just mean the language itself is better. I had some problems withVB6 but VB.NET is an excellent language. It's still called VB but Microsoft worked 5 years on it to rethink everything and make it a very good alternative to VC for other projects. The fact is that VB.NET is prettysimilar to C# in a lot of ways and a lot of peopel agree (me included) that C# is a gem for a lot of things, especially when databases and internet stuff are involved. The only people who generally disagree are Javorons (Java morons).

Sayign that somethign is better just because it's more complicated to master is pretty dumb (sorry TB, I had to say this). It'sthe same kind of argument I'Ve been fighting  for years when people are talking about the supperiority of Linux. A lot of people are always happy in the fact that they are within the few who master something and it's never been so true in the world of Linux. The same thign applied with development languages.

I hope what I just said will mean somethingfor some of you. In any case, I stay a C++ developer, I love the language but sometimes, you still have to face the reality. One of the most disgusting seen I've seen in the past 3 years are C++ .NET Managed Extension.. this stuff was an error, even before beingreleased. This just proves that C++ isn't made for everything and sometimes, evolutions are necessary to avoid unecessary complications.

Note: oen thing that proves my point is that .NET Managed Extensions for Visual C++ have been rewritten from scratch by Microsoft in the forthcoming Visual Studio 2005 L(
[Image: signature2.gif]
09-25-2004 04:30 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: