What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » 2 versions of msn installable?

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
2 versions of msn installable?
Author: Message:
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
RE: 2 versions of msn installable?
cool sounds good i might try this.

sorry people you are all being deceived im really good when it comes to using computers i followed the instructions given on this thread and it isnt possible to have both this cannot ever be accomplished its all lies.

This post was edited on 10-13-2004 at 10:15 AM by stuartbennett.
10-13-2004 09:50 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
FrozernFire

GunZ rules!

32 / Male / –
it's possible... i just did it after following the instructions
"I want to fix that in my memory forever. Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret."

Aragorn -"A PEA!! A PEA!! Under my saddle, look Legolas!!! A pea!! Surely only the true King could feel a tiny
pea under all that leather!!!"[/align]
10-13-2004 11:04 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
i dont see how let me talk ya through it.

as it says i only have 6.2 installed i installed a polygamy patch although i dont know if its the right 1 as none of them are clearly marked as compatable with 6.2 only 6.1. i then renamed the folder to by adding 6.2 at the end as instructed then installed msn 7.0 and it overwrites my messenger 6.2 so therefore it cannot be accomplished.
10-13-2004 11:36 AM
FrozernFire

GunZ rules!

32 / Male / –
hmm interesting. 7.0 is only supposed to install it to Msn Messenger not Msn Messenger 6.2. so therefore, you must change the target for the installation of 7.0 yourself to Msn Messenger. and anyway remember put the patch onto 7.0 so that u can sign in
"I want to fix that in my memory forever. Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret."

Aragorn -"A PEA!! A PEA!! Under my saddle, look Legolas!!! A pea!! Surely only the true King could feel a tiny
10-13-2004 01:44 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
but ur missing the point the 7.0 installer doesnt have the option to determine the target directory it puts it where it feels like putting it its the only installer ive ever seen that does have a destination path screen.
10-13-2004 02:32 PM
FrozernFire

GunZ rules!

32 / Male / –
but anyway, just to let you know, after i patched msn 7.0 with the polygamy, i repaired it with the installer as there was some trouble. then i ran it. after that, i could open msn 6.2 too. so all you have to do is just to repair it first and run it BEFORE you run 6.2, like what i do. funnily the repair does not cover polygamy.

im having them both running together now.

This post was edited on 10-14-2004 at 01:21 PM by FrozernFire.

10-14-2004 01:18 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
Cool  RE: 2 versions of msn installable?
hi there

well right now i cant even retry this proceedure my computers died the hard drive is undetectable therefore i cant boot my machine it looks like its going to take a total reformat of the computer to fix it which ill only be able to do if i can by some miracle get the drivers for my hard drive from the computer manufacturer "thepcmanuk.com" meanwhile i am using my dads pc to go online and for my every day stuff. anyways what good is running both messengers when 7.0 forces you to reinstall 6.2 everytime you try to do a sign in?

This post was edited on 10-14-2004 at 08:13 PM by Tochjo.
10-14-2004 05:31 PM
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett

hi there

well right now i cant even retry this proceedure my computers died the hard drive is undetectable therefore i cant boot my machine it looks like its going to take a total reformat of the computer to fix it which ill only be able to do if i can by some miracle get the drivers for my hard drive from the computer manufacturer "thepcmanuk.com" meanwhile i am using my dads pc to go online and for my every day stuff. anyways what good is running both messengers when 7.0 forces you to reinstall 6.2 everytime you try to do a sign in?

u can use the CVR patch to stop it makin you downgrade to 6.2, it can be found on http://www.mess.be

This post was edited on 10-14-2004 at 05:40 PM by toddy.
10-14-2004 05:39 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
thanks ill try that
10-14-2004 06:02 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version