What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Event Log Spam

Event Log Spam
Author: Message:
1PostMember

O.P. Event Log Spam
Every once in a while I'll get a contact who spams the event log. Someone will change their status to busy and the event log will start saying they are changing from online to busy then back to online and it will keep going almost once per second. It doesn't happen to often and I do not know what is causing it.

I've seen it happen in the past couple versions (since I first downloaded Plus!) and I've had it happen on 3 different computers running windows 98, ME, and XP. I'm sure someone else must have noticed this but I looked around and didn't see anything about it.

If this is a known problem or its caused by something I'm doing wrong then I'm sorry to have posted this.
11-01-2004 02:59 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Event Log Spam
Could it be the actual person is just going from being Busy to Online? If you check the Contact Information (type /info in a conversation with the person once this has happened) Plus! records the lastest events so you can actually see if it is a bug in Plus! or just the person being dodgy.
11-01-2004 03:10 AM
Weyzza
Veteran Member

SoCal sunset > *

– / Male / –
Yeah, that's why I think event-logging certain people is a good idea.

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=22...d=252564#pid252564
Registered 7644 days, 14 hours, 6 minutes, 18 seconds ago.
Happy Birthday, WDZ

11-01-2004 03:50 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
im not sure if this is related but since installing plus certainly since v3 possibly even in 2 whenever a contact signs in or out i get like 4 of those blue toast popup things show up on my screen at once with like a 1 second between them appearing now surely a person cant sign in sign in again a second later and so on soi know this has to be some kind of bug.
11-01-2004 06:30 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
im not sure if this is related but since installing plus certainly since v3 possibly even in 2 whenever a contact signs in or out i get like 4 of those blue toast popup things show up on my screen at once with like a 1 second between them appearing now surely a person cant sign in sign in again a second later and so on soi know this has to be some kind of bug.
Or Hopper.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
11-01-2004 01:48 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
oh theyre called hoppers ok i dont really know what the blue squares are called i just know there should be 4 of them popping up together all saying the exact same thing.
11-01-2004 03:14 PM
Fraisie
Former Super Mod

Pixie Dust!

42 / Female / Flag
quote:
oh theyre called hoppers ok i dont really know what the blue squares are called i just know there should be 4 of them popping up together all saying the exact same thing.

What Raceprouk is saying is that maybe those contact are using the plugin called Hopper that makes you show pop up on their contacts screen. Great if you wanna grab someones attention !
So, Fraisie.net is empty atm. I\'m trying to come up with something cool to put on it, and I will!
11-01-2004 03:26 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
oh i see. ok no probs as long as i know its not a bug and that i personally havent done anything wrong.
11-01-2004 03:37 PM
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Fraisie
quote:

What Raceprouk is saying is that maybe those contact are using the plugin called Hopper that makes you show pop up on their contacts screen. Great if you wanna grab someones attention !

But not so great for n00bs who don't know what is going on. That's why the Hopper plugin is so good. It limits itself so that you can only hop a contact x times in x amount of time. I don't know what the real numbers are, but you get the picture.
[Image: 7.png]
11-01-2004 04:06 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: