What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Feature for the contacts on desktop

Feature for the contacts on desktop
Author: Message:
djdiablo

O.P. Feature for the contacts on desktop
I've got a feature idea which I'm sure is not to difficult to implement but would be very handy.

If one of the contacts on your desktop is offline, there could be an option to Send E-Mail to this contact, like on the actual MSN Contact list. I know there is a 'set comeback' option and a 'copy email to clipboard' but I'd like to be able to email them from here aswell.

Just an idea, thanks for reading - you're doing a great job without my input so if you dislike the idea I can quite understand :)
11-01-2004 11:37 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
RE: Feature for the contacts on desktop
quote:
Originally posted by djdiablo
I've got a feature idea which I'm sure is not to difficult to implement but would be very handy.

If one of the contacts on your desktop is offline, there could be an option to Send E-Mail to this contact, like on the actual MSN Contact list. I know there is a 'set comeback' option and a 'copy email to clipboard' but I'd like to be able to email them from here aswell.

Just an idea, thanks for reading - you're doing a great job without my input so if you dislike the idea I can quite understand :)

i quite like it the way it is ! if your add to many options it will just look messy.

if u want to send them an email, just open up your main ccontact window :)
11-01-2004 03:31 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
djdiablo

O.P. RE: Feature for the contacts on desktop
quote:
if your add to many options it will just look messy.

I agree, however I think that the 'email' option would be more useful than 'clipboard' option.
11-01-2004 10:47 PM
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
quote:
I agree, however I think that the 'email' option would be more useful than 'clipboard' option.

well i don't kno about others, but i disagree, i use the copy email function alot. (mainly to give peoples emails to other people) more then i send emails.

how ever that just make be me. you could always make a poll to see which is used most. and then if copy email to clipboard losses by alot, maybe your suggestion will be added
11-01-2004 11:00 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pyroteq
Veteran Member

Formally 'Scone'

33 / Male / –
I wouldnt personally use that feature but if people want it i dont see a problem with it, just dont add too many options or it will be all cluttered.
11-02-2004 06:47 AM
gnownoskcid

PENMASTER

36 / Male / –
quote:
however I think that the 'email' option would be more useful than 'clipboard' option.
i disagree, the email function can only be used with your hotmail or your email client. but the send email to clipboard function can be used anywhere such as sending the address to others as toddy said, or used with other email services such as gmail, yahoo, etc
Cow juice...
11-02-2004 06:58 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: