What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » BitTorrent HELP

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
BitTorrent HELP
Author: Message:
thc2010

Revenge is a meal best served cold

37 / Male / –
RE: RE: BitTorrent HELP
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by thc2010
P2P networks are NOT illigal, its the CONTENT you downlaod which can be illigal.
Reread my posts in this thread. You don't have to tell me what is legal and what not. And furthermore, in my last post I didn't say that P2P clients are illegal (as well as in my other posts for that matter)...

quote:
To Answer Durex's Question "Does it go faster if you let people upload from you like Ed2k"

The answer is yes. Becuause Shareaza can connect to the ED2K network and downlaod from them as if you have emule or all that other ed2k software client/server side softwares.
The answer is no!!! The connection speed will be the same at all times, this has nothing to do with the queue's. You can upload all you want, your download connection speed will NOT be increased. What may happen is that your place in the download queue will be decreased so that your download will start sooner. But it will NOT be faster....

i guess ill take your word for it since your older and seem to have a better explanation. So yeah i guess the answer is no
[Image: glennlopez.png]
Click the image above to send me a message on MSN messenger via web browser.
11-26-2004 02:50 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
thc2010

37 / Male / –
RE: BitTorrent HELP
wait.. i remeber Ed2K had a thing called Partnering where 1 person partners up with the person he's downlaoding from who needs some of the files you have. I think they claimed to make your downlaod go faster since it concentrates your bandwith to eachother. They claim that if you had more Uploads your downlaods will go faster. Ive seen this happen only once where My KB/s went from 10 to 29 KB/s becuz of partnering. Not realy sure if Shareaza does this.

So to simplify it, ED2K made it so your Partner Must have the sources that you need to be his partner, same goes for him. (you must have the srouces your partner needs to be his partner) - Then when your partnwered up with some one, Both your Bandwith is Prioritised between the two of you till you or your partner runs out of resources.

Also I wasnt talking about your post, Im just reminding people that P2P isnt eligal... just a brief Lesson on P2P Networks.

I only know of
- Fast Track (Kazaa + Kazaa CLones)
- Bitorrent
- ED2K
- G1
- G2

... if you guys know of any more, Tell us about it.
NOTE: Im talking about P2P NETWORK not Server/CLient Softwares like KAzaa or Shareazaa or Emule or Kazaa ++ Lite. Etc.. its the network they use id like to know. THnx in advance for posting

This post was edited on 11-26-2004 at 03:09 AM by thc2010.
11-26-2004 02:55 AM
bach_m
Veteran Member

4837 :P

37 / Male / –
quote:
that P2P isnt eligal.

Noone said it was. BUt you honestly want to tell us that you or anyone else are only using it to download public domain/ Creative commons/ other things that are legal?
11-26-2004 03:24 AM
thc2010

37 / Male / –
yeah some one actualy said it was if yo look back all the way in the bigining to the end of this thread, youll see some one saying that P2P is illigal.

I just said what i use it for just an example of what is elegal and what isnt.

This post was edited on 11-26-2004 at 04:39 AM by thc2010.
11-26-2004 04:38 AM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Btw, these kind of topics are very... erm.... suspicious/dodgy. No, P2P clients aren't illegal on itself, but don't tell me that everybody in this thread is using it for legal activities.
this thread is VERY dodgy and the word "hypocrites" comes into my mind, tbh....
Uhh... OK, but I don't think a discussion of the legality of P2P programs belongs here. This thread is not illegal as far as I can see, so leave it alone. :p I'd split it, but unfortunately the topics are kinda mixed together, so I'll just close it.

BTW, I think people saying the thread is dodgy only makes it more dodgy. :-/
11-26-2004 05:36 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: