What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » MS say firefox is not a threat to IE (old news)

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
MS say firefox is not a threat to IE (old news)
Author: Message:
user2319
Disabled Account

RE: RE: RE: MS say firefox is not a threat to IE (old news)
quote:
Originally posted by heatus
quote:
Originally posted by Carltos Cool
I think Mircosoft is getting too lazy though. They have dominated the pc software market for a while now and they think they will continue to. But they won't if they just leave the state of their software how it is now! They need to update their top products instead of making new stupid ones.

I don't know, there are no *real* competitors to Microsoft. There is no other OS that has the software support as Windows does. Linux is no competitor to Windows as much as I hate to say it, it was never meant to be I don't think. I find myself always coming back to windows because I like to play games and use other software which is only available on Windows. Microsoft know this and they know they can take their time updating their products because there is no strong competitor in sight. But other than IE, Microsoft has kept most of their software up to date. Windows media player has had a recent update, a new version of MSN is in beta stages, and there is probably a whole bunch of other stuff that they have done which I'm not going to go in to.

They aren't lazy.. they are doing as much as they can to make people "get the facts". There are some good LInux games, but, indeed, not enough. UT2004 is available for Linux, and Wesnoth is really cool. I don't know if WMP is up-to-date, but I don't like it.. and Outlook is also full of security-holes.. And Thunderbird is really nice. Even my mom can use it :-)

The battle for Wesnoth (turn-based strategy game with a fantasy theme)
Unreal Tournament 2004

quote:
a lot of people i talk to like the fact the firefox doesnt have as many security threats because it isnt the main explorer but anyone hu has a lil pc knowledge can see why people are using firefox, opera or a diferent web browser. its not about how up to date IE is tho i dont think . its just the fact that it has most security threats

IE isn't up to date. It's 3 years old. No tabbed-browsing, built-in search, etc.
01-15-2005 04:35 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
O.P. RE: MS say firefox is not a threat to IE (old news)
quote:
Originally posted by PlusFan
I don't know if WMP is up-to-date, but I don't like it..

WMP is up to date and I quite like it. It is in it's 10th incarnation and it has come along way since the days of WMP 4. There is also loads of free plug-ins you can download for it. You should try it... here's where you can download it from : http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/default.aspx.

This post was edited on 01-15-2005 at 04:48 PM by _Humphreys.
AC3
01-15-2005 04:48 PM
user2319
Disabled Account

RE: MS say firefox is not a threat to IE (old news)
I just like WinAmp and XMMS better. What do you need these plug-ins for?
01-15-2005 08:01 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: