What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » We're all goin to die in the year 2029

Pages: (11): « First « 7 8 9 10 [ 11 ] Last »
2 votes - 2 average   We're all goin to die in the year 2029
Author: Message:
Ash_

34 / Male / –
RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029
i have heard about the energy, i dont know where it goes though. i personally doubt it releases, because it always has gravitational pull, meaning the engery would get stuck  causing an infinite loop.

i believe they lead to another realm. they may be openings to another galaxy, creating trade routes for _**posible**_ inteligent life on planets we havent found yet.

you never know.

This post was edited on 02-05-2005 at 09:44 AM by Ash_.
[Image: jeansiger5.jpg]
02-05-2005 09:43 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Edna Mode

– / Other / –
what you just said makes black holes sound like portals for "other life" to travel through space
[Image: Edna%20Mode.png ]
02-05-2005 09:46 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Weyzza
Veteran Member

SoCal sunset > *

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Ash_
me, a helmat so i can breath (because we'd be in space) and i'd just float towards it until it sucked me in.
And traveling 15,137,280,000,000 km?
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
If black holes attract every thing including light and never let them out the all the mass that it sucks in will be converted to energy but it cant store infinite amount of energy and neither can it destroy it. So where does it go ??? :S This is what i thought over one day and have read it no where. So if any of ya'll know about this then plz tell me :D
I just want to make you more confused.
Assuming the theory is true, how come the fastest thing in the universe cannot get out from surface of a black hole?
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
I heard that there is a period of time after which slowly the black hole will start to release energy. Did ya'll hear something like this ?
Yeah, I heard that before.

This post was edited on 02-05-2005 at 09:48 AM by Weyzza.
Registered 7608 days, 19 hours, 36 minutes, 37 seconds ago.
Happy Birthday, WDZ

02-05-2005 09:47 AM
Edna Mode

– / Other / –
true, the space craft would have to be really fast to go so long or you would live the rest of your life on the craft
[Image: Edna%20Mode.png ]
02-05-2005 09:53 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by thekid
I just want to make you more confused.
Assuming the theory is true, how come the fastest thing in the universe cannot get out from surface of a black hole?

Thats what i am saying.
My theory (Well thinking actually but that sounds better :O) is
That the blackhole has infinite gravity so it converts all the mass into energy. We know about lights dual nature (particulate and wave motion, given by Prince Louis-Victor de Broglie and hence light has a de broglie wave) So i feel that all the mass is also converted into energy. But the point is that the black hole is a self imploded star so does it have mass ?? If it does it can store energy else i dont know how it keeps the energy. I'll need to think a bit more.

So even light having velocity of 3 x 10 ^8 m/s ie 30,00,00,000 m/s or 3 hundred thousand km/s is pulled into the blackhole due to its infinite gravity.

I havent read stephen hawking's book though i planned to do so last may and well now i'll get time in this may so i'll buy one book costing 1.5 USD (2nd hand book :D) then i'll be more sure.
The only books i have read except for my academics in my life are all 5 harry potter books and the 22 volume set of the world book of encyclopidia. So i'd love to read "A Brief History Of Time"

EDIT:
quote:
Originally posted by Violet
what you just said makes black holes sound like portals for "other life" to travel through space
Thats an idea from a movie. Newayz there is the worm hole theory u might know. I'll explain it in brief.
All of us have learnt atleast a bit of geometry and all of us know that the shortest distance between two points is the direct distance between them.
Consider a paper. Take 2 points at their ends. So if i ask u to show me the shortest distance between the points then u'll draw a straight line between them. That would usually be correct but there is a shorter way. The answer there is bend the hole paper and make a hole through the paper with your pen/pencil. Now thats the shortest distance. So that is called as a wormhole. There is no theory to say that such a thing does exist. It is totally hypothetical well not even hypothetical its only in sci-fi and in the past few years some scientists believe (well more of hope than belief) that wormholes exist. Cause they will help u travel through space in extremely short time periods. Well some even believe that u could travel through time as well but then it will be really dodgy :dodgy:.
Lets see what happens :D I saw the paper analogy on the discovery channel but came up with the geometrical part right now ;)

This post was edited on 02-05-2005 at 10:22 AM by John Anderton.
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
02-05-2005 10:03 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

[Image: yourthread.jpg]

this is BS
02-05-2005 10:33 AM
John Anderton
Elite Member

36 / Male / Flag
Edited my thread above to add wormhole theory in reply to violet's post.
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
this is BS
If it means what i think it does then :dodgy: :@
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
02-05-2005 11:01 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Edna Mode