What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » ==| Help No MSN Sound |==

==| Help No MSN Sound |==
Author: Message:
Trunkz_Jr

40 / Male / –
O.P. ==| Help No MSN Sound |==
i've totally lost my MSN sound, yet i can play music, games, even AIM and ICQ sounds work find, yet i have no MSN Sounds period, i've checked the options and the Option is ticked meaning it should work, and i've tried uninstalling it then reinstalling it and nothing, im using Windows 2000 and im using MSN 7.0 (i also tried 6.2 and still no sound, i also tried another MSN account and still no sound)

Could someone please help me?
03-12-2005 02:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: ==| Help No MSN Sound |==
try and see if the sounds are still there, what i mean by this is go to Personal Settings > Alerts and Sounds > Sounds... and see if all of the msn sounds are still there, if not, then try and find them manually :-/.
03-12-2005 02:11 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
tools > options > general > sounds... > sounds(tab at top)

then check that windows default is selected. if it is select then scrolll down the list to u get to "MSN messenger" click on "new message" then click on the play icon. if the sound plays click ok. and u shouldn't have a problem. if it doesn't play a box yshould come up and ask u to find where the sound is. u need to locate to C:/program files/msn messenger
03-12-2005 02:15 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Trunkz_Jr

40 / Male / –
O.P. RE: ==| Help No MSN Sound |==
yep, ive already tried that, i've played them all, all the sounds work in there, all those sounds:

Contact Online, New Alert, New Mail, New Mobile Message, Nudge.

i click ok and i got someone to message me and still no sound (you know the "Do Do Do" sound lol.
03-12-2005 02:27 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
Make sure you enabled it, tools > alerts and sounds..check "play a sound...". If that is already set and it still doesn't work: uninstall MSN, reboot..remove all folders pointing towards MSN Messenger and reinstall MSN Messenger.

This post was edited on 03-12-2005 at 02:54 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
03-12-2005 02:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Trunkz_Jr

40 / Male / –
hmmm, i just relized this could be a bigger then what it is, i also have like you know that recycle bin sound when you empty it and it goes crumble crumble crumble lol, well when i do it, it goes "Beep" even with the sound all the way down, and i have no login sound (this didn't just happen tho, i just relized this since i really don't delete alot of things or Reboot computer)

i also remember with msn plus, when i tried to set a sound for when somecome logs in (i have it so it plays part of a song) well when i tried to use .mp3 it said "cannot use this type, please reinstall the latest windows media player" and i did that and nothing happened, it still gave me that message.  but when i used .wav it did play, but it would freeze MSN (but when someone logged it, it would sometimes work, but it would only play 10 seconds, even after using that Patch to make it into 100 seconds max time.

Any ideas?

This post was edited on 03-12-2005 at 09:56 PM by Trunkz_Jr.
03-12-2005 09:54 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
Sounds like you might have to reinstall Windows, as the other sounds don't work either. You could try install Windows Media Player 9, but i don't think that will solve other windows sound issues.

This post was edited on 03-12-2005 at 11:03 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
03-12-2005 11:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Trunkz_Jr

40 / Male / –
is there any other way to fix the problem  lol cause i don't wanna lose all my stuff on my computer just to fix a few sounds ^_^ maybe my sound card or something could be it?
03-13-2005 12:04 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: