What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » [split] IRC better solution than IM?

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
[split] IRC better solution than IM?
Author: Message:
Jhrono
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: [split] IRC better solution than IM?
quote:
Originally posted by Segosa
IRC is not a program. It is a protocol. You cannot "mod" an protocol. A protocol does not have a GUI. You are referring to mIRC, the most popular IRC client.

Plus, scripting mIRC is highly advanced and there isn't a thing you can't do with it (especially with the ability to call routines in DLLs). It allows you to customise every aspect of your client.

mIRC does not have a GUI apart from the options really, it uses commands. A command allows for far more versatility than a stupid GUI gives you. Any command you use can be used in a script which allows you to call many commands at a time to automate tasks (connecting to servers, joining chans, identifying yourself......etc).

I know IRC is a protocol but every Script of it is crappy in comparison with Msn Messenger Per example..

quote:

There has only been ONE exploit for mIRC, and all it allowed was for a person to crash your IRC client with a malformed DCC Send line. People think m/IRC is unsafe because they do not understand it. It takes barely any energy to protect yourself.

I was seing it from that point of view...mine is that you in IM clients add who you want and you can add people in wich you trust and in IRC anybodyu can send anything and if u accept it u never know whats in it...
quote:

I am on IRC 24/7. I am connected to, say, about 12 servers. I am in about 50 channels. I have NEVER had some random infected client DCC me. I have NEVER been spammed. You do NOT get spammed in general, it's just what people think.

When i say spam i say mass messages like : Visit #Xsasdads it's cool bla bla bla...
03-21-2005 02:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: