What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » MsgPlus Sound Pack Extractor

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
1 votes - 5 average   MsgPlus Sound Pack Extractor
Author: Message:
Dempsey
Scripting Contest Winner

http://AdamDempsey.net

37 / Male / Flag
RE: MsgPlus Sound Pack Extractor
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
If you mean Plus! .dat to .plp., then that's dead easy (I'm already planning on making a full Winzip-like .plp editor; the "complicated" part is the UI, as many many possebilities you can do with it exist. And it must be n00b proof ).
Sounds Cool (Y)
SoundPacks   -   Scripts   -   Skins

that's not a bug, thats an unexpected feature
04-02-2005 03:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
If you mean Plus! .dat to .plp., then that's dead easy (I'm already planning on making a full Winzip-like .plp editor; the "complicated" part is the UI, as many many possebilities you can do with it exist. And it must be n00b proof :P).
Woot, a solution for people who have/might encounter same problem as i had is on it's way (ofcourse it can be used to create a .plp from .dat folders in other accounts too - without goin on that account -  incase the library wasn't shared). What we spoke about on IRC and what you saw on my comp the other day inspired you huh? It was quite a workaround you did to recover my "lost" custom sounds, i'm still very grateful you did. ;)

You and Segosa should combine your programs and make one big tool. :D

.dat > .plp + .plp > mp3 = awesome!

Feature suggestions:
- Turn one .dat into one .mp3 or .wav (for sending a sound to a non Plus! user - creative ideas enough, e.g use as background sound in homemade e-card - , i don't know if a .dat will play on a comp without Plus!)
- Possibility to add/remove .dat files to/from an existing .plp.
- And to finish it all off, the possibillity to preview (list of sounds contained and hear) sounds in the .plp (before extracting or adding it to plus! soundlibrary)
Et voila..Plus! Ultimate Soundpack Utility..is born :D
(i know it's not easy to create such program properly)

I for one, as Soundpack DB mod (smod), surely would appreciate and use such a Utility alot (i would gladly betatest it aswell).

This post was edited on 04-03-2005 at 11:22 AM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
04-03-2005 11:17 AM
Intosia

I'm dynamic ^^

40 / Male / –
NICE! Just what i needed :D
01-09-2008 05:44 PM
Dimagine

36 / Female / Flag
Undecided  RE: MsgPlus Sound Pack Extractor
[font=Times New Roman][color=purple]Hi!  A friend and I was wondering if this program could be used to change the plp to mp3 and then the mp3 could be sent to a phone. XD  But we've been having a very hard time following the instructions. =(  We're still a bit n00bish to technology so could you please explain how to use your program like you were explaining to elementary school kids, please? XD  Thanks for taking the time to help us - we greatly appreciate it. ^_^  Have a good day! ;D
06-28-2008 02:08 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: