What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » iPodSoftware - Preview

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
iPodSoftware - Preview
Author: Message:
Reaper
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: iPodSoftware - Preview
quote:
Originally posted by Matty

I would like to inform everyone tho that I trashed that version and am working on a different one but the backing up of the songs is already complete I just have the rest of the features to code 8-).

no wonder its taking soo long :P
08-07-2005 02:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
lordy

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by super-schaf
does it work on ipod minis?
It works on all versions of iPods as far as I know (without being tested yet).

I would like to inform everyone tho that I trashed that version and am working on a different one but the backing up of the songs is already complete I just have the rest of the features to code 8-).

lol good on ya... cant wait till it's done :) keep us updated
08-08-2005 06:48 AM
alldaiallnite

'Melo

35 / Male / –
Re: iPodSoftware - Preview
quote:
For those who have iPods is there anything else you would like to see in this program?

As well if you would PM me an email where I can send a beta to when I am finished it would be greatly appreciated as I myself don't have an iPod just the knowledge of how they fully work :).

i would like to see the ability to upload games, sub-playlists and scrolling through the artist's name if it is too long for the screen like the ipod already does with the song name idk some of these things are possibly but it would be cool to have them
08-08-2005 08:41 PM
lordy

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by alldaiallnite
i would like to see the ability to upload games, sub-playlists and scrolling through the artist's name if it is too long for the screen like the ipod already does with the song name idk some of these things are possibly but it would be cool to have them

a lot of that stuff would have to be in the actual ipod software... on the ipod, if i'm not mistaken? the iPod software is released by apple, so Matty has no control over what goes on there. this program is just like iTunes, lets you upload everything to your ipod etc... correct me if i'm wrong
08-09-2005 04:45 AM
TylerG

33 / Male / –
RE: RE: iPodSoftware - Preview
quote:
Originally posted by lordy16
quote:
Originally posted by alldaiallnite

a lot of that stuff would have to be in the actual ipod software... on the ipod, if i'm not mistaken? the iPod software is released by apple, so Matty has no control over what goes on there. this program is just like iTunes, lets you upload everything to your ipod etc... correct me if i'm wrong

He is right, except it does more than iTunes, like you can back up your music on your hardrive, make notes on it, and configure your calender.  I can't wait for it to be finished:D
[Image: lardotest4on.png]
08-10-2005 01:13 AM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: iPodSoftware - Preview
I would like to update you all with the progress and the GUI I am going to be sticking with. (Obviously it needs some graphic help but thats expected at this stage).

Please check out the first post in this thread for a new image of what it looks like.

Oops I forgot to include the progress update.

Completed so far:
Listening for Devices (This is used so that you can plug the iPod in after the program is open and it can still detect them.)
Locking the iPod so that no other program can use it.
Backing up of songs
Creating notes

I still have a lot to do but the bulk of the work is pretty much done.

This post was edited on 08-10-2005 at 06:50 AM by matty.
08-10-2005 06:44 AM
Tandy
Veteran Member

:D

34 / Male / –
looks great matty, im gonna use it for sure, would love to test it for ya, if needed

Tandy
[Image: allju3.jpg]
08-10-2005 06:49 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
lordy

34 / Male / Flag
any sort of progress report for this at all? i'm really looking forward to it! as i use my iPod mini at my mum and my dads place and wuld like to be able to back up music and whatever, but yer REALLY looking forward to it!
08-28-2005 11:48 AM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: iPodSoftware - Preview
quote:
any sort of progress report for this at all? i'm really looking forward to it! as i use my iPod mini at my mum and my dads place and wuld like to be able to back up music and whatever, but yer REALLY looking forward to it!
I have been really busy with work and getting ready for school I haven't had a chance to crack open the project yet. But dont worry I added a feature after I posted the one update. Now if you have multiple iPods connected a box will first popup asking you which one you wish to mount in the program. And if you are finished with that one and disconnect it the computer automatically searches for another one and if its still connected will automatically mount that one.
08-28-2005 05:45 PM
TylerG

33 / Male / –
quote:
quote:
I have been really busy with work and getting ready for school I haven't had a chance to crack open the project yet. But dont worry I added a feature after I posted the one update. Now if you have multiple iPods connected a box will first popup asking you which one you wish to mount in the program. And if you are finished with that one and disconnect it the computer automatically searches for another one and if its still connected will automatically mount that one.
Sounds like a good feature.  Can't wait till the software is out.
[Image: lardotest4on.png]
08-28-2005 05:54 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: