What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Opera is now... free.

Pages: (6): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] Last »
Opera is now... free.
Author: Message:
emit
Disabled Account

RE: Opera is now... free.
For all Firefox's claim of being "free" and GNU compliant, where is its FreeBSD version?
Opera loads a whole 15 seconds quicker than firefox; it remembers tabs by default; it's a meg smaller to download the installation file; it's 5 meg less of hard disk space when installed; its transfer manager is much more intuitive than Firefox's; it has 200 more skins than Firefox; it uses less memory than FireFox to load hi-res/large pictures; it is more efficient with tabs/memory than FireFox; the mouse gestures are far superior; Opera has a lot built in that requires extensions for FireFox; Opera has more available page display area than firefox; FireFox doesn't even show the tab bar by default (for something that is touted as a tabbed browser thats a tad retarded); Opera's email client is so much less bloat than Thunderbird and having Thunderbird+FireFox running is such a memory hog compared to just having Opera running with its built in email client; and Thunderbird's rss shit is a joke.
To be honest why do they duplicate 95% of FireFox in Thunderbird? Shocking really. That's real bloat. I've heard that Opera renders HTML better than FireFox too, but since I'm not a web designer I have no idea if that is true - the rest I have experienced for myself.

This post was edited on 09-24-2005 at 11:10 PM by emit.
09-24-2005 11:04 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Emjaybee

46 / Male / –
Opera is much better than firefox, I dont know what world you are all living in.

It is the best performing browser as tested. http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/browserSpeed.html

Its the most configurable browser.

Its the most secure (so far) but script kiddies will start trying to hack it soon.

Its the prettiest.

Firefox is only the "COOL" browser that all the Microsoft haters got on board with. Most of firefoxes features were borrowed from opera anyway.

09-25-2005 04:34 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Emjaybee

Its the most configurable browser.
thats one pure lie , firefox is mostly XUL which you can change hell easy just crack open browser.xul and change it randomly , firefox is the most configurable browser.
[Image: dt2.0v2.png]      Happy Birthday, WDZ
09-25-2005 04:42 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Emjaybee

46 / Male / –
oh right, I should have said using a GUI.

Sorry
09-25-2005 06:12 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
segosa
Community's Choice

O.P. RE: RE: Opera is now... free.
quote:
Originally posted by Emjaybee
oh right, I should have said using a GUI.

Sorry

Have you even TRIED configuring some parts of Opera? The search queries, the filters, etc? You NEED to manually edit the ini files. There are about a million in the Opera directory.

(No, I'm not saying this is a bad thing)
The previous sentence is false. The following sentence is true.
09-25-2005 07:24 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (6): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: