What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » another wacky idea to discuss

another wacky idea to discuss
Author: Message:
bits

O.P. another wacky idea to discuss
now with no background research on if its been asked, discussed, or if its at all possible..
who would like msgplus to do something about the most annoying feature in msn of all time... the emoticons..

now i dunno about u guys but i have a heap of idiot people on my list that things making random words an emoticcon is cool regardless of how shit it looks when they type a sentence and chunks of it dont show up till moments later or halfway thru remember their emoticon for "me" triggers and whatever else... blah i hate it..

now the idea.. msgplus could change emoticons to a "link" as such(so the trigger word is shown in the msg window as if emoticons were turned off, but if u click the word it will change to the correct emoticon) without the need to entirely turn the feature off(which also sux cause u lose all those smileys..
dunno how possible, but like a red link (so u can tell its ofcourse not a url) for the trigger word would be so darn good! (also gives u a chance to work out from the trigger word if u really wanna see the emoticon.. some ofcourse are not work safe and could be offensive..)

and to make sure this feature would require several months of work... u should be able to whitelist certain emoticon triggers(im undecided if global(not so accurate always) or per contact scale(not so simple and straight forward and becomes a pain) yet) so standard smileys will auto show aswell as other known "proper" emoticons...

</end_super_long_hard_to_read_post>
09-27-2005 08:42 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: another wacky idea to discuss
I'm sure there's already an option to diable custom emoticons only in Messenger.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
09-27-2005 09:16 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
bits

O.P. RE: another wacky idea to discuss
all or nothing switch(so even all standard msn smileys+icons go), plus once its off you cant then make it show manually(or now it was spose to be an emoticon in the first place it just appears as plain unmarked text)
09-27-2005 09:23 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
Tools > Options > Messages > Untick Show Custom Emoticons

is the only way for now, choosing when to and when not to see custom emoticions would get tiring... just either show them or don't
but maybe someone will come up with an alternative

This post was edited on 09-27-2005 at 01:03 PM by mwe99.
09-27-2005 01:01 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
I would like there to be an alternative. An option to choose which contact to disable custom emoticons for. I really hate it when people use those annoying emoticons. I end up blocking and deleting them. GRRRR! How old are they? 12?!?!?
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
09-27-2005 02:12 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites