What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » about the "conact on desktop"

about the "conact on desktop"
Author: Message:
):Wolf_Demon:(

O.P. about the "conact on desktop"
well i'm using windows blinds, and it seems that it interferes a tiny bit with my theme. when i have a window (such as firefox) open, instead of seeing the corner of the window, i see the contacts on the desktop. and i don't mean it is the entire thing. it's the external box around the window that is overlapped by the contact on desktop. i can simply fix this temporarily by minizing the window and clicking the contacts on the desktop and then clicking on the desktop, and it won't overlap, but this gets annoying after awhile. may i suggest something for the contacts on desktop to have an option to be "always on bottom" (it also overlaps the right-click context menu when it does this)
12-19-2005 01:33 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
RE: about the "conact on desktop"
Why dont you put An "always on top" thing to firefox, i seem to remember that if you went into properties there was an option for that... i am not really sure, sorry if this is wrong.
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
12-19-2005 01:54 AM

O.P. RE: about the "conact on desktop"
i don't mean just firefox. i mean all windows. the borders of the windows are overlapped by the contacts on desktop.
12-19-2005 02:06 AM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
Thats Weird..
Have you tried updating windowsblinds?
It still happens even if you disable it?
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
12-19-2005 02:11 AM
STA1661

– / Male / –
Try uninstalling Windows Blinds. It is a known problem of Windows Blinds causing problems to not only the Messenger Plus! program but many other programs as well.

This post was edited on 12-19-2005 at 02:15 AM by STA1661.
If only people could respect someone who once had respect for them up until recently when all trust and respect was lost.

Depression. A psychiatric disorder characterized by an inability to concentrate, insomnia, loss of appetite, anhedonia, feelings of extreme sadness, guilt, helplessness and hopelessness, and thoughts of death. One in six men will experience depression at some time.
12-19-2005 02:14 AM

well i'm pretty sure it is just windows blinds related. do you mean....uninstalling windows blinds pernamently? i'd rather not do that, as i have much hate for the default windows themes
12-19-2005 02:17 AM
STA1661

– / Male / –
RE: RE: about the "conact on desktop"
quote:
Originally posted by ):Wolf_Demon:(
well i'm pretty sure it is just windows blinds related. do you mean....uninstalling windows blinds pernamently? i'd rather not do that, as i have much hate for the default windows themes

Yes uninstall Windows Blinds Completely and it should be fixed. Also I use Style XP and I haven't had a problem with it!
If only people could respect someone who once had respect for them up until recently when all trust and respect was lost.

Depression. A psychiatric disorder characterized by an inability to concentrate, insomnia, loss of appetite, anhedonia, feelings of extreme sadness, guilt, helplessness and hopelessness, and thoughts of death. One in six men will experience depression at some time.
12-19-2005 02:28 AM

hmm. i think i might stick with the annoyance. what i was mostly trying to accomplish was to suggest the "always on top" option
12-19-2005 02:35 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
well i'm using windows blinds, and it seems that it interferes a tiny bit with my theme.
As already said by other people WindowBlinds is known to cause problems, not only to Plus!, but also to many other programs. So, many things /bugs found when using WindowsBlinds are caused by WindowsBlinds and not by Messenger Plus!.

quote:
may i suggest something for the contacts on desktop to have an option to be "always on bottom"
Right Click on the floating contact > Change Display Settings > untick Always on Top.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-19-2005 02:58 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report

quote:
Right Click on the floating contact > Change Display Settings > untick Always on Top.
i've already done that. althought it stopps it from always being on top, it doesn't stop it from always being on bottom. as i've said, it only covers the window border (which is on windows blinds side) but every once in awhile it still pops up in front of windows.
12-19-2005 03:08 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: