What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » CreateWindow very slow when Plus is loaded

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
CreateWindow very slow when Plus is loaded
Author: Message:
lukelowrey

Shocked  RE: CreateWindow very slow when Plus is loaded
How did you manage to edit out the string in the DLL. Ive found the string, and tried changing it, which worked for a bit and now visual studio seems to be moaning about it.

Ive tried just deleting the string inside, but i get an error saying that it cant find the Loader dll now, when the file is definately there.

There are two copies of it though, one in windows/system32 and one in programfiles/messengerplus. Which one is the one which is used? or does it need both? They are both the same file, yet both seem to be locked when plus runs.

Its annoying waiting 10 seconds at the start of any debugging session!

Is it possible for anyone to send their version with the string cut out which will work?

Many Thanks in advance
04-02-2006 09:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
lukelowrey

RE: CreateWindow very slow when Plus is loaded
Have changed the first char to 00, and it works nicely. 33920 is right!

I had just installed visual studio 05 and was wondering why i was getting nice error messages and nothing worked. Is all good now!

It also took me longer to write that post, than it did for you to get it, reply to it, and for my "someone has replied to your post" email to come in!

Jaw droppingly fast! Thanks :-D
04-02-2006 09:17 PM
lukelowrey

DLLs (the odd little .. *&$!*), seem to be able to be locked... but you can still rename them.

I have a VB program i wrote which kills messenger and messenger plus... waits for me to say "okay", then it starts them again. I used it when i was writing plugins for plus. Was a handy tool.

I first copied the dll to another name, then I managed to rename the DLL first to blahMsgPlusLoader.dll, even though that was locked. I renamed the copy to MsgPlusLoader.dll again. You can now edit this version since it isnt locked yet ( preferably edit it while its still "Copy of ....") Then when anything tries to find it again by name, it finds the new edited version.

I hadnt thought of the "replace first char with null" idea though! Am doing programming in c++ at the moment with string classes and c style strings. I should have got that one really! ^_^

Thanks again
04-02-2006 09:25 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Note: that is supposed to be fixed in version 3.63.
[Image: signature2.gif]
04-07-2006 09:43 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: