What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Events notification notifies ones appearing offline?

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Events notification notifies ones appearing offline?
Author: Message:
arath

39 / Female / Flag
RE: Events notification notifies ones appearing offline?
Is there any update on this bug yet? Its been quiet for almost a month now... The custom sound is a useful tool, but theres no way to use it if it causes such a headache - I had to turn it off as my contacts would always appear offline and 80% of the time couldnt send messages to me until I signed out/in.

Anyone, anything?
02-21-2008 03:51 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Well, that's mainly an issue on the Microsoft side. As far as I know, many people are actually happy about that bug as you get notified even when you're not supposed to and it's always when the contact is available to talk.
[Image: signature2.gif]
02-21-2008 05:38 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Well, that's mainly an issue on the Microsoft side.
But a bug on the Plus! side. If we don't have Plus!, the bug isn't there. Edit: If you think it is an issue on the Microsoft side and you cannot do anything with it, then try disabling the sound option for sign-in event like I suggested on my previous post. That would still be a good solution.
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
As far as I know, many people are actually happy about that bug as you get notified even when you're not supposed to and it's always when the contact is available to talk.
I don't think we are notified when we are not supposed to. Plus! notifies us exactly when we're supposed to (when contact signs-in), but at the same time, it prevents us from being notified by WLM as well. This is the real problem in fact. And that is why the contact is always avaliable to talk when we are notified by Plus!. Patchou, I think you are confused with the title of thread. The top poster asks a question on the title. And the title's answer is "No, event notification doesn't notify ones appearing offline."

This post was edited on 02-22-2008 at 11:19 AM by ahmetgns.
02-21-2008 10:48 PM
arath

39 / Female / Flag
Exactly. The contact is always online when this bug occurs, but stays as Offline in the contact list. The custom event sound will play, but WLM apparently is stopped from seeing the event. The testing ahmetgns has done in a previous post shows all the problems associated with this bug as Ive found them as well.
02-21-2008 10:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
I noticed today that this bug eventually has been resolved with the MsgPlus! version 4.80. I know i'm a bit late for noticing this :)

I tried to reproduce this bug again yesterday but I couldn't. Then I installed the previous versions of Plus! one by one and until version 4.80 I could reproduce it at each time. But couldn't in version 4.80.

I read the changelog of version 4.80 and found out that:
quote:
Originally posted in Changelog of version 4.80
  • A couple of things have been improved internally to ensure the reliability of the sound modules in Messenger Plus! (especially when using emotion sounds).

And I think that also solved this problem. I wonder if it has been solved by itself or Patchou intended to solve this also while improving sound modules?

Whatever, people can use the sound-only event notifications after this time without hesitating (Y)
05-03-2009 10:47 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
yup, I added an internal fix for that. Thanks for confirming :)
[Image: signature2.gif]
05-04-2009 05:23 AM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: