What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Major tabbed chats bug

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
Major tabbed chats bug
Author: Message:
Dimitrakopulos

My Crimson Sanjak Proudly Rippleth

34 / Male / Flag
Dodgy  RE: Major tabbed chats bug
Yet, I see now that nobody came up with a solution to deAd's problem. That's awful for me cos I wasted ALL day trying to fix the exact same problem deAd has talked about here.

Ima explain in basic terms>>

- You open up a conversation window.
- You close it, may it be by clicking the X button of the window, or pressing Esc, matters not.
- Technically, the window no longer exists, since the computer doesn't recognize it in any way functional, or present.
-> It still remains stuck on the Windows taskbar (down there where all the programs in progress are shown, to be clear). -_-
- You may click and open another conversation window with another contact or with the same one-- doesn't matter: whatever you do it will keep the bugged one as bugged as it is, and still open the new ones.

As to clarifying the bugged window that ruined my day, with details>>
- It's always there no matter if you right-click it and say "close all tabs" or open the Task Manager and go "end task".
- It doesn't show or pop out anything on the screen when clicked-- that's how I understand it has no functionality as a program.
- It causes another bug to occur: doesn't show what you last spoke with your contact on a new convo window, just the last words spoken right before this bug has occured. Albeit this graphical error, it randomizes a chance about whether it will save your chat log or not, meaning, sometimes it keeps chat logs as normal and sometimes it does not.
- You can only get rid of the non-existent window off the task bar by completely terminating the respective WLM session (including right-clicking and saying "exit" at the systray).

My PC's Technical Stuff>>

- My CPU, HDD, Motherboard, RAM and all other parts are just fine and efficient for both WLM and MPL.
- WLM: Latest available (not beta).
- MPL: Latest available (don't even know if there is a beta).

Already Tried and Didn't Fix a Thing>>

- Uninstall and re-install both WLM and MPL.
- Change Plus prefs' tab options
-> Cancel tabbed chatting, re-enable it.
-> Change tab properties
To be clear: none of the above has done anything positive.

----

Did I mention that I've wasted all day over this?

GOD!

... Please, if you care about anything in life at all, help. -_-

This post was edited on 10-29-2008 at 04:10 PM by Dimitrakopulos.
10-28-2008 08:42 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Major tabbed chats bug
Dimitrakopulos, today I noticed the same problem after installing the MessengerDiscovery update (1.5.800). If I disable tabbed chats of Messenger Plus!, there is no problem anymore until I re-enable it. Do you have Messengerdiscovery's this latest version?
10-28-2008 10:56 PM
Dimitrakopulos

34 / Male / Flag
I do have Messenger Discovery also, yes; on the "About" page it only says "1.5", no detailed numbers, but it should be the last version as far as I can tell, it's set to automatic updates anyway.
And yes there's no problem if you simply cancel tabbed chattin, but I need tabbed chatting :/

You know, I thought about they could block each other's way somehow, MPL and MD. You think it's that? If so how can I fix it? Maybe an option in one of the two does something to create this bug or something like that. But I don't know, nor am I someone to examine a program's options, I need help please.

By the way here's a ss:
(You may click the bugged, non-existent tabs, they aren't really present and thus the click will do nothing.)

.jpg File Attachment: Kopyası MSN bug.jpg (140.91 KB)
This file has been downloaded 158 time(s).

This post was edited on 10-29-2008 at 04:19 PM by Dimitrakopulos.

10-29-2008 02:57 PM
Dimitrakopulos

34 / Male / Flag
Besides all that I forgot to add that, unlike deAd, restarting WLM or many things I tried so far don't fix nothing.

This post was edited on 10-29-2008 at 03:13 PM by Dimitrakopulos.

10-29-2008 03:10 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
You can check the build number of your Discovery version from the buttom of its About window.

What you can all do to prevent this problem is disabling tabbed chats of Plus as I did so :( . I reported this problem to NeutralizeR, the Turkish translator of MessengerDiscovery and he said that the developer had been informed about the case and he would fix it asap. That is it for now, I will wait for an update and continue using seperate chat windows for a while.
10-29-2008 03:18 PM
Dimitrakopulos

34 / Male / Flag
Thank you ahmetgns for your interest. And as I checked my MD build is 800.

----

It wouldn't be such a problem to me to use separate windows till it's fixed.

However, it still does this:
quote:
It causes another bug to occur: doesn't show what you last spoke with your contact on a new convo window, just the last words spoken right before this bug has occured. Albeit this graphical error, it randomizes a chance about whether it will save your chat log or not, meaning, sometimes it keeps chat logs as normal and sometimes it does not.
And I love my chat logs -_-

So I don't know what to do here. Any ideas how to fix the logging prob? I could stick with the no-tabs deal till a solution comes out no problem, if it kept chat logs properly :/

This post was edited on 10-29-2008 at 04:30 PM by Dimitrakopulos.

10-29-2008 04:09 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Without Messenger Discovery it works fine. With Messenger Discovery it doesn't... seems like something needs to be fixed with Messenger Discovery not Messenger Plus!...
10-29-2008 05:11 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
Well, now I started considering uninstalling this update of Discovery and installing the previous version. Because now I noticed that, even if you disable tabbed chats for Plus!, Discovery's this bug still prevents chat windows closing internally which means that you don't see the chat window when you close it but WLM still thinks that it is open :S hence it doesn't save the conversation in that window, because WLM saves the conversation while closing the window. Since, there is no way of closing those windows other than exiting Messenger itself, so your conversations after installing Discovery haven't been saved at all by WLM.

A similar problem appears for logging option of Plus!. Although Plus! saves the conversation more recently without the need of closing windows, when you close and reopen the chat window for the same contact, it creates a new file blabla@hotmail.com (2). And this goes on for every reopening the chat window.
10-29-2008 05:32 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
As I said. Messenger Discovery bug not Plus!.
10-29-2008 05:46 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Dimitrakopulos

34 / Male / Flag
ahmetgns, good observation, it fraks-up the logs exactly like that. so today I did what I see now matty here has said-- delete MD.

Well, sorry, not to sound as a kiss-up but Plus! obviously has better features than it. So goodbye MD till you don't bug MPL.

10-30-2008 07:45 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: