What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Is this pc worth its price?

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
Is this pc worth its price?
Author: Message:
lizard.boy
Veteran Member

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Is this pc worth its price?
quote:
Originally posted by Phillip
The cheapest computer will be one you build yourself.

I honestly have to disagree. Building a computer yourself is better if you're into that kind of thing or if you are looking for quality. Only once you get into higher end components can you save money building a PC yourself, since OEMs can get larger quantities of low end parts for cheaper prices, and you do benefit from that.
07-31-2007 12:36 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by lizard.boy
quote:

I honestly have to disagree. Building a computer yourself is better if you're into that kind of thing or if you are looking for quality. Only once you get into higher end components can you save money building a PC yourself, since OEMs can get larger quantities of low end parts for cheaper prices, and you do benefit from that.

Not only that, but the advantages is the fact you`re also going to get little gagdets that you would spend a lot on if you re going to build it yourself (eg : ligthscribe, bluetooth, card reader etc.)
07-31-2007 01:00 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Phillip

c11h15no2

34 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Is this pc worth its price?
quote:
Originally posted by albert
quote:
Originally posted by lizard.boy
quote:

Not only that, but the advantages is the fact you`re also going to get little gagdets that you would spend a lot on if you re going to build it yourself (eg : ligthscribe, bluetooth, card reader etc.)

err lightscribe burners are like $30 these days card readers and bluetooth are even less.

I could go into any computer shop here and build a budget PC for atmost $300 incl burner, Monitor, atleast a 9800pro, generic case, mobo with sata support, sata hdd, atleast a amd 3000+, keyboard and mouse.

All these companies like dell just use all generic crap. Its basically the same as all the cheapest shit at a computer store.

[Image: awd.png]
Drawn into the darkness here with your eyes on the prize at stake.
Faint hearts on an endless path letting go of the ones we break.
07-31-2007 08:59 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
lizard.boy
Veteran Member

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
All these companies like dell just use all generic crap. Its basically the same as all the cheapest shit at a computer store.

Aye, but cheap Dells (etc) also includes a $200 windows license (I know you can get it cheaper, or pirate it, but I'm making a point.) They also usually comes with tech support and a warranty. Nobody is saying that you can't build a PC on a budget, but for many people in this range buying pre-built is easier and cheaper.
07-31-2007 09:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: