What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] Last »
[Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features
Author: Message:
vikke

31 / Male / Flag
RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features
quote:
A prime example: Plus! has had a 1100 character booster; Stuffplug has a 5000 character booster. Stuffplug "borrowed" the idea from Plus! and implanted it in its own (and this case) better way.
This is not the case. Plus! didn't want to boost the character limit too much, so they added a limit for 1100. When TB saw it was possible to boost up to 5000, probably told Patchou about it. I would call that abuse on the Messenger-server, when the actual limit is 600 or something. That's why it wasn't lengthen in Plus!, but TB decided to add this feature into Stuffplug 3.

TB improved this feature because Patchou didn't want to.
12-22-2007 09:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
quote:
The "idiots" in this thread requested what any user of any program would request if that program isn't being updated anymore for a long time...
and why are we (including you cookie) idiots for requesting a update to a program and/or a script that does that same program?
Explain...
hu? :dodgy: That's exactly the entire point of many posts in this thread. Read the entire posts/thread to understand what is being discussed here and that idiots is the term used by TB which I quoted (literally with quotes) to emphasize that nobody is an idiot here. :rolleyes: :dodgy:

You even use this same way of writing and quoting in your own posts.... :/

quote:
A prime example: Plus! has had a 1100 character booster; Stuffplug has a 5000 character booster. Stuffplug "borrowed" the idea from Plus! and implanted it in its own (and this case) better way.
Plus! doesn't boost it to 5000 because it can give problems in some cases. In that aspect I don't call TB's implementation an improvement or a better way.

More like a (calculated) risk which might fail in some cases, and like vikke said, "abusing" the system. Remember what happened when the enlarged DP feature was implemented and abused by a lot of people? With adding such features also comes responsebility and one should think twice what the consequences might be when implementing such features.

Such stuff is (righfully) not done in Plus!, which goes first for stability and compatibility. There is somewhere an ancient post about this from Patchou also...

Anyways, all this is beside the point...

This post was edited on 12-22-2007 at 10:17 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-22-2007 09:47 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Shiny Rabbit

oohhh shiny

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features
quote:
Originally posted by MicroWay
quote:
Originally posted by Shiny Rabbit
install stuffplug3 onto 8.1 then install 8.5 and it will work
quote:
Originally posted by 0Blackmage0
Im not running 8.5, im looking to add these 2 features to 9.0
See???
Your mthod, Shiny Rabbit will work with 9??? :)

no, WLM9 doesn't work with stuffplug at all, i find WLM9 to be completly worthless at this time

though i would very much like to see chat-only name, open URLs in default browser and taskbar icon reflect's contact's status in a future version of plus rather than having to wait 50 years for the next stuffplug release... if there is going to be one
[Image: 202-3.png][Image: shinyhachunesig.png]

12-22-2007 11:09 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Plus! doesn't boost it to 5000 because it can give problems in some cases. In that aspect I don't call TB's implementation an improvement or a better way.

More like a (calculated) risk which might fail in some cases, and like vikke said, "abusing" the system. Remember what happened when the enlarged DP feature was implemented and abused by a lot of people? With adding such features also comes responsebility and one should think twice what the consequences might be when implementing such features.

Such stuff is (righfully) not done in Plus!, which goes first for stability and compatibility. There is somewhere an ancient post about this from Patchou also...

Anyways, all this is beside the point...[/color][/size]

I think there has been alot of misunderstanding here from what I can see.

Yes but even though it gives problems (the booster) it is implanted and the feature is borrowed from Plus! but the code is implanted in TB's ("better"; note the quotation marks cookie :P ) own way. He didnt steal a Plus! feature; He just "improved" it

TB you shouldnt be talking either as I remember that the original size display picture was not your idea; it was thought up of by wtbw and you just took the idea and implanted in stuffplug; I dont know what your complains are.

This post was edited on 12-22-2007 at 11:32 AM by riahc4.
12-22-2007 11:31 AM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
Not wanting to offend TB or insult his work as have lots of respect for both, so I'll just lay down a fact and see what you guys think.

The Stuffplug build in testing currently 'can' offer Tabbed Chats and I know that Scripts/Plugins were being developed too.

Although they are implemented differently and SP Scripts (I believe) have access to more of the internal section of Messenger, potentially allowing buttons and stuff to be added within menu's.

Personally I don't think this is stealing, as they work differently and will use different code, and should co-exist quite nicely, tabbed chats do need some more tweaking currently, that's if they even stay in I'll assume the same goes for scripts and content, personally I can't wait to help TB create some Dynamic Content, you might even see me make some clay based work for messenger :)

This post was edited on 12-22-2007 at 12:35 PM by aNILEator.
12-22-2007 11:48 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
Yes but even though it gives problems (the booster) it is implanted and the feature is borrowed from Plus! but the code is implanted in TB's ("better"; note the quotation marks cookie  ) own way. He didnt steal a Plus! feature; He just "improved" it

TB you shouldnt be talking either as I remember that the original size display picture was not your idea; it was thought up of by wtbw and you just took the idea and implanted in stuffplug; I dont know what your complains are.
Sorry to butt in here but unless you know exactly if, how and which developers communicate with eachother and about what you should not be pointing fingers. In fact don't point fingers at all, all it does is provoke. Devs can fight out such stuff between themselves (off forums). I can understand TB got annoyed at the tought of someone copying or tryin to copy features he's spend ages on developing, yet his wording could have been different. Let's just leave it at that.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
12-22-2007 12:50 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
quote:
Yes but even though it gives problems (the booster) it is implanted and the feature is borrowed from Plus! but the code is implanted in TB's ("better"; note the quotation marks cookie  ) own way. He didnt steal a Plus! feature; He just "improved" it

Sorry to butt in here but unless you know exactly if, how and which developers communicate with eachother and about what you should not be pointing fingers. In fact don't point fingers at all, all it does is provoke. Devs can fight out such stuff between themselves (off forums). I can understand TB got annoyed at the tought of someone copying or tryin to copy features he's spend ages on developing, yet his wording could have been different. Let's just leave it at that.

You Sunshine like I have been here a while and I believe you also know (and TB himself has said it) that wtbw helped him do the original size DP feature in SP....
There is nothing you can say about that.
01-10-2008 07:32 PM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
yes HELP not stole

He didn't take any ideas what other addon adds those features? wtbwplug never got released and that was for MSN 6 or 7 only.

01-10-2008 07:57 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: