What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » Skin Requests » [REQUEST] Weather Skin

[REQUEST] Weather Skin
Author: Message:
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. [REQUEST] Weather Skin
ok to be honest i would have loved to have been the developer to accomplish this but right now its way beyond my ability, i dont even know if messenger or even plus will let you do this but hey maybe one day.

i have windows vista on my pc and use the weather gadget to see what the weathers like, gadgets are made in xml and guess what so are skins, so it occured to me why cant one xml thingy work in combination with another?

so my idea is this, a skin that gets the current weather state from vista bundled weather gadget and based on what the weather is the theme of messenger would change accordingly, also this gadget shows night like images during the evening so when the gadget does that messenger could theme itself into a night time theme.

now knowing that whenever you change from one theme to another your loading a different resgroup im guessing it restarts messenger so like i said above may not be technically possible at present but would be nice if this could be acheived in the future anyways just some food for thought.
12-23-2007 08:31 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
RE: [REQUEST] Weather Skin
I think that you will need some scripting things that you won't be able to do with skins... :( but I love your idea...
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
12-23-2007 01:33 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [REQUEST] Weather Skin
thanks warmth, yeah like you said its probably going to take a better skinning engine that the one plus has now to pull this off and even then i still dont know if messenger itself is capable of running something that advanced in its present state but hey messenger and messenger plus are constantly be improved and updated so maybe one day this will be a reality.
12-23-2007 02:18 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
I think all images are loaded into memory at startup and not re-read meaning it would only be able to change the skins to what it was when you started messenger. Even then, skins will probably be loaded before scripts meaning that a script will not have time to change the skin before it's initialized. It is a good idea, but I don't think that it will ever be possible.
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
12-23-2007 02:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
thanks warmth, yeah like you said its probably going to take a better skinning engine that the one plus has now
:O I didn't say that... I think is more a sync lack between scripts and skins... but that was already adviced for next releases of MP!L so if this comes true maybe we will see things very near of what are you requesting...

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
It is a good idea, but I don't think that it will ever be possible.
I think it will... have you ever changed the lvback.gif file minimized WLM to taskbar and reopened??? the image reload... maybe in some future MP!L can do the same...
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
12-23-2007 04:24 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
cool, yes we probably need an update to plus but yeah i think itll be possible one day.
12-23-2007 06:03 PM
Nathan
Veteran Member

Yeah, "large dimensions" ;)

– / Male / Flag
Yeah, i think you should be able to implement scripts into the skin, that way it expands the skinning world even more!
Touch Innovation - touch friendly programs/applications for the windows mobile!

12-23-2007 06:18 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Napbree
Yeah, i think you should be able to implement scripts into the skin, that way it expands the skinning world even more!

yeah napbree, you see with skinning having interconnectivity to scripts i could have my skin hook into the birthday reminder script so when its my birthday it changes to the birthday theme, and if birthday reminder was expanded to allow you to remember valentine day and other events that happen same day every year then it could change to those themes on those days automatically too
12-23-2007 06:28 PM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
well, you could do some sort of neutral skin and change lvback.gif when required, with a script
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
12-24-2007 07:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: