What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » An attempt to stop skin ripping

Pages: (8): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] Last »
An attempt to stop skin ripping
Author: Message:
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
RE: An attempt to stop skin ripping
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
perhaps it wont stop it completely but it is a good first step, if you do enough things to slow something down eventually it stops so while it doesnt solve the problem  entirely its a good first step wouldnt you agree.
Totally agreed ;)
[Image: Empty.png]
05-09-2008 04:31 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
Sharing is caring!
05-09-2008 04:36 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
mattisdada

RRElive.com

32 / Male / Flag
Well i was thinking (PS, i havent read any of the posts just incase someone HAS said this....)

I was pondering on making a Open Source Newb Guide. Willz guide is good to become a proper skinner. But what the Newb Guide would do, is help people with there problems. For example, you would have a single post linking to all the other Newb Guide posts. And each other post, will have a title like "Newb Guide - How to add a background in a conversation window" or "Newb Guide - How to change slider"

You know that sort of thing, a bit more specfic sort of guide.

The reason someone rips is there lost, its to much for them, they get someone elses skin and just change an image here and there and thats it. By having a more specfic guide, they can slowly work there way up. So just say, someone is looking at there messenger and thinking "Damn, wouldnt be awesome if there was a giant flying pig in this background". There not going to look through tones of Documentation, there just going to rip someones skin and change the image. Although the Open Source skin DOES solve this (or at LEAST partially). I still think we should have a newb guide. :).

I was going to start it up, but I dont know anywhere near enough about skinning, all i can do is change images :). And add an option or two in. I cant do many of the UIfile stuff..... So yeah, just thought id get the idea out there and hopefully someone else can give it a go :)

EDIT(I read the last couple of posts): I know what phaze two is.... its where Willz shows us his secret to his skins. His genuise rooster!!!! His just the guy who feeds it. Otherwsie the Rooster does all these posts and coding and imaging! Willz is just there for the mug shots :).

And dont try and Deny it willz, i know its true!!!

This post was edited on 05-10-2008 at 04:10 PM by mattisdada.
[Image: Siggy.png]

http://www.rrelive.com/RRElivev2

If you would like my theme for your phpBB3, please contact me.

Thy shouldnt be judged by thy rep givin to you, but by thy rep that you give.
05-10-2008 04:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Jarrod
Veteran Member

woot simpson

– / Male / Flag
i like the skin mod idea, and i think there should be a bit of collaboration between designers instead of plagiarism but hopefully less of this will occur with the release of open live, i would like to be able to change skins though even though i'd never release anything just to remove stuff and move things around;)

[Image: 5344.png]
[Image: sig.png]

A.k.a. The Glad Falconer

05-11-2008 04:35 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Nuna

39 / Female / Flag
an open source skin idea is more professional, if some one don't know any thing about designing languages but they wanna edit the skin on how artist they are ... this is going 2 be very easy and the skin will be 100% right and the skins in plus will be very popular thing .
05-11-2008 05:54 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Nuna
an open source skin idea is more professional, if some one don't know any thing about designing languages but they wanna edit the skin on how artist they are ... this is going 2 be very easy and the skin will be 100% right and the skins in plus will be very popular thing .
Hope so!
[Image: Empty.png]
05-11-2008 08:42 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (8): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: