What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » -SOLVED- Windows Live Communications Platform has encountered .......

Pages: (7): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] Last »
-SOLVED- Windows Live Communications Platform has encountered .......
Author: Message:
Xalifhs

RE: -SOLVED- Windows Live Communications Platform has encountered .......
Guys... i registed only to tell you that i have the exact same prob as all of you... i am using Vista x64... i have avast antivirus... (free version) the windows standard firewall and windows defender... i have ATI radeon graphics card (i have toshiba satelite so i havent nvidia) i used everything i found on forums... [i deleted files i reinstalled MSN i did everything on that the official fix mentioned...(i didnt have the dll files they mentioned... i used both uniblue registry cleaner and malware, )and nothing...] now it doesnt even log me in... i am so desperate.. i  even used another account... it doesnt log it in either... and the pitty is that i need msn to commune fast with ppl across the world for my job... i ... am... desperate... btw i dont have windows blinds or alienguise or anything to customise the windows....  ty for your time reading this....

Cheers Jacob
                                                                                              Greece
02-21-2010 06:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
Xalifhs: Follow THESE instructions to completely remove Messenger.

By using random "registry cleaners" you've probably just made it worse.

CookieRevised's instructions includes removing all of Messenger's registry settings.

Remove Avast Anti-Virus too, just to be sure.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
02-21-2010 06:49 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Xalifhs

No chris... sorry i followed every step with care... nothing happened :S
02-21-2010 07:52 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Xalifhs
No chris... sorry i followed every step with care... nothing happened :S
Then you need to consider more drastic changes such as repairing Windows Vista.

Edit: You haven't followed "every step with care" because you posted saying you didn't know how to use the registry file, which is the main thing I suggested: using the registry file to remove Messenger's registry, as you've clearly damaged it with the registry "cleaners". See my reply.

This post was edited on 02-27-2010 at 05:28 AM by Chris4.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
02-27-2010 05:21 AM
druid79

RE: RE: -SOLVED- Windows Live Communications Platform has encountered .......
quote:
Originally posted by Coom
I registered because this worked great for me - and i didnt have to remove my alienguis thank goodness <3 alienware

Ok folks i had the same problem, "Windows live communication platform has encountered a problem and needs to close" but i have now solved it, (at least for myself).
I read a post by someone else saying that windows blinds was the problem, i use alienguise. For those that dont know, windows blinds is an appearance package that lets you change the look of your windows, i use XP so the standard look is a silver or blue header bar with a red square and white X as the close button.
OK this is what i did,
Click your start menu and click on the search button.
Where it asks what to search, select All files and folders.
Set your search to look in your main hard drive, usually C.
Type in the search box wlcomm and click search.
Within a few seconds it will find two items, the second one on my search was the one i wanted. In the "Name" column it simply says wlcomm, in the "In Folder" column it says "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Contacts.
Right click this one and select Properties.
Click the "compatibility" tab and under "Display settings" click the check box that says "Disable visual themes", you want a tick in this box after you have clicked it.
Click "OK" and you should now be able to use messenger without the error message box coming up.
I have signed in and out several times without any problems.
Oh yeah, i am still using Alienguise for those of you that uninstalled your appearance packages, you dont have to.
Hope this helps you guys out.

I too use alienguise and this exact rectification worked for me.  Many thanks you are a star.
02-28-2010 11:38 PM
Rohobok

Sorry if it's been posted before, but I just had to make sure a fix for this problem is known, because it's very simple. (Note: Nvidea users)

Right-click the Nvidea csettings icon in the bottom right, then click on control panel.

Go to Networking and then 'Configure First Packet Settings' then click DISABLE first packet.

Worked for me :)

Rhbk
05-25-2010 08:42 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Rohobok
Sorry if it's been posted before, but I just had to make sure a fix for this problem is known, because it's very simple. (Note: Nvidea users)

Right-click the Nvidea csettings icon in the bottom right, then click on control panel.

Go to Networking and then 'Configure First Packet Settings' then click DISABLE first packet.

Rhbk
Although the steps are a bit different (a bit less drastic), this is almost exactly what the official fix is and which has been linked to many times.
(which I and others are trying to get people to understand that it is the proper solution, and not that 'DLL renaming fix') ;)

http://messenger-support.spaces.live.com/blog/cns...8B853F!15941.entry

But nevertheless thanks for these alternative steps though! It may shed some light on the details to why it is said to uninstall the NVidea Networking Tool is the culprint.

This post was edited on 05-26-2010 at 05:48 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-26-2010 05:44 PM
Frozensolid

RE: RE: -SOLVED- Windows Live Communications Platform has encountered .......
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by Rohobok

Rhbk
Although the steps are a bit different (a bit less drastic), this is almost exactly what the official fix is and which has been linked to many times.
(which I and others are trying to get people to understand that it is the proper solution, and not that 'DLL renaming fix') ;)

http://messenger-support.spaces.live.com/blog/cns...8B853F!15941.entry

But nevertheless thanks for these alternative steps though! It may shed some light on the details to why it is said to uninstall the NVidea Networking Tool is the culprint.

I did the renaming of the wldlog and it works fine. But that was when i didnt see your post. After seeing your post, i quickly rename it back to DLL and currently the error is gone. Is this good or bad?

EDIT: After changing bac to .DLL, i receive the error again

This post was edited on 01-16-2011 at 06:55 AM by Frozensolid.
01-16-2011 06:28 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Frozensolid
I did the renaming of the wldlog and it works fine. But that was when i didnt see your post. After seeing your post, i quickly rename it back to DLL and currently the error is gone. Is this good or bad?
An error which is gone is always good... But that's until:

quote:
Originally posted by Frozensolid
EDIT: After changing bac to .DLL, i receive the error again
Keep the proper original name for the DLL, but try to follow the 'official' solution instead (which is uninstalling the NVideo Networking Tool, or the likes... you do not need that anyways*)

*It is like the so many useless crap (sorry for the bad language) that HP installs on so many PCs. You don't need all those 'extra' tools and stuff for those drivers (sound or printer) to work properly. It really is useless stuff, and even in this case incompatible stuff.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-16-2011 07:32 PM
Frozensolid

Problem is i tried everything and i did all the steps for the official solution but only the one on renaming .dll works. The others failed =(

I know this problem exists in 2009 but during that year, my msn was still ok. It was until last week when i encountered this problem. I tried all methods which are free ( those which did not require you to buy stuff) but to no avail. I really need help
01-17-2011 02:16 PM
Pages: (7): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: