What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » No sound when word filtering is on

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
No sound when word filtering is on
Author: Message:
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
RE: No sound when word filtering is on
yes i can play windows media player and hear the songs fine i can hear sounds in other applications fine. so how do i change the codec then?

EDIT:

i have found a solution to my problem on the help page at http://www.msgplus.net/help_registry.php look at the registry entry below.

HKCU\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\your@email.com\Preferences
SoundPeakLevel
dword

This value is used to normalize the volume of sounds played by Messenger Plus! (including custom sounds). It represents a percentage relative to the maximum volume of a sound and ranges from 1 to 100. If 0, volume normalization is disabled.

by going to that part of the registry in regedit and adding a new dword entry of SoundPeakLevel and setting the value to 70 in decimal it seems to have solved my problems i can now hear my sounds perfectly. i hope this helps puncket who was also having the same problem. thanks for your help everyone.

This post was edited on 04-14-2005 at 07:20 AM by stuartbennett.
04-14-2005 07:06 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by puncket
I have the same problem as stuartbennett, my contacts can hear the emotion sound but i can't, even in the playback preview.
All my sound preferences r checked.:(
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
HKCU\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\your@email.com\Preferences
SoundPeakLevel
dword

This value is used to normalize the volume of sounds played by Messenger Plus! (including custom sounds). It represents a percentage relative to the maximum volume of a sound and ranges from 1 to 100. If 0, volume normalization is disabled.

by going to that part of the registry in regedit and adding a new dword entry of SoundPeakLevel and setting the value to 70 in decimal it seems to have solved my problems i can now hear my sounds perfectly. i hope this helps puncket who was also having the same problem. thanks for your help everyone.
If you don't want to go editing the Registry manually puncket, you can see if Plus! Tweak has been updated for 3.5x yet.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
04-14-2005 10:32 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
puncket

Thanks stuartbennett i going to try it right away!:D
04-16-2005 02:42 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
glad i could help puncket. also you can simply download messenger plus tweak for 3.52 and it will do the registry editing for you all you got to do is run the tweak select your hotmail addy from the dropdown and scroll to the setting sound peaklvel and set it to 70 there and it will do it all for ya.
04-16-2005 10:15 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: