What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Automatic Sign-in (Windows Messenger)

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Automatic Sign-in (Windows Messenger)
Author: Message:
Yuki

34 / Female / –
O.P. Automatic Sign-in (Windows Messenger)
My computer hard drive recently crashed, so I just got it replaced... so, my computer is like new now.  Yesterday I was signing into Windows Messenger (while I downloading MSN, of course. ^^) and somehow I accidentally set it to where it automatically signs me in.  When I open Windows Messenger, it starts signing me in, and I have to cancel the sign in.  It says "yukilynne@hotmail.com" in bold at the top and then it gives me the option to "Sign in with a different account, click here."  When I click on that, the "Automatically sign me in" box is not checked.  So, I don't get why it's automatically signing me in and I hate it.  Especially because even if I exit out of Windows Messenger -- actually EXIT it and close it out all the way... when my internet disconnects, and then it reconnects (it does that a lot) Windows Messenger starts signing me in so I can't sign into MSN until I manually stop Windows Messenger.

I looked up how to stop it, and it told me to go to User Accounts and stuff, but... it didn't have an "advanced options" like it told me to click on.  So, I'm super lost.  And frustrated.
01-04-2006 12:13 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Automatic Sign-in (Windows Messenger)
There is another box you must uncheck

[Image: attachment.php?pid=586421]

edit: go to file > options and uncheck both this box and the box that says automatically sign me in. Maybe you would also want to check the other boxes too.

.bmp File Attachment: what to do.bmp (21.9 KB)
This file has been downloaded 5172 time(s).

This post was edited on 01-04-2006 at 12:54 AM by Lou.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
01-04-2006 12:52 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
I had this problem too. I had EVERYTHING unchecked, yet the stupid program ran in the background, signed in when it wanted to, and did all sorts of crap. I uninstalled it :p.
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
01-04-2006 03:57 AM
Yuki

34 / Female / –
O.P. RE: RE: Automatic Sign-in (Windows Messenger)
quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
There is another box you must uncheck

[Image: attachment.php?pid=586421]

edit: go to file > options and uncheck both this box and the box that says automatically sign me in. Maybe you would also want to check the other boxes too.

File>Options?  There is no File>Options in Windows Messenger... Tools>Options, you mean?  Well, there is no box like that to uncheck... however, I did uncheck the background box thingy.  So, yay. :P

RebelSean -- You can uninstall Windows Messenger?
01-04-2006 04:36 AM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Yuki
You can uninstall Windows Messenger?
you can, but it is not recommended. As for the tools> options things, sorry. I will have a look inside windows messenger for next time. The menus are obviously not the same. But you did get my point, which is what I initially intended.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
01-04-2006 04:41 AM
Yuki

34 / Female / –
quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
quote:
Originally posted by Yuki
You can uninstall Windows Messenger?
you can, but it is not recommended. As for the tools> options things, sorry. I will have a look inside windows messenger for next time. The menus are obviously not the same. But you did get my point, which is what I initially intended.

Yes'm.  Well, at least now it's not running in the background.  That was my main problem.  Boy, did I hate that!

Hmmm... still trying to figure out how to get it to not automatically sign in, though... someone's gotta know... *shifty eyes*
01-04-2006 04:45 AM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
May i ask what Windows Messenger version you have?.. coz i get this problem on my old system with windows Messenger 5.1 the latest one
01-04-2006 04:46 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Yuki

34 / Female / –
quote:
Originally posted by Animal
May i ask what Windows Messenger version you have?.. coz i get this problem on my old system with windows Messenger 5.1 the latest one

01-04-2006 05:07 AM
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
have a read of CookieRevised's reply to I am about to rip my hair out over MS Messanger and see if that contains anything that helps you.

Im surprised its taken this long for that post to be refered to in this thread :\, its one of the most famous "Cookie revised's reply to..." :chrongue:
01-04-2006 05:24 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Mike
Elite Member

Meet the Spam Family!

31 / Male / Flag
Click Start -> Run and type "control userpasswords2" (without the quotes) -> Enter -> Advanced -> Manage Passwords -> select your email from the list, and click "Remove" :)
YouTube closed-captions ripper (also allows you to download videos!)
01-04-2006 08:57 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: