What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MSN msger not working-virus? help me!

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
MSN msger not working-virus? help me!
Author: Message:
aneta

35 / Female / –
O.P. RE: MSN msger not working-virus? help me!
HURRAY!

I have no viruses left on my computer! WOO!

but when i press right click on the blue stripe on the bottom, and then Task Manager, and then i go to Process, there are sometimes even 50 prosecces, like my scanner or printer is working, but they shouldnt be, because they are not pluged in. or stuff like:
Gnk2.exe, SYSMD.EXE, IW.EXE, ezSP_Px.exe, ATIPTAXX.EXE, QTTASK.EXE, WKSSB.EXE are running, and i dont know if they are important to end, or are they jst infected files. i only know that in Process thingy, should only be no more than 10 itmes running!

and even if i removed all viruses, my internet still won't let me sign to msn or sign in to messnger. i downloaded it yesterday twice. and i had to unistal it twice, so right now, theres no messenger on my comp.
but i cannot log in to hotmail, to read my emails, and i cant even order things from the net. everytime when i go on hotmail.com, type in my pass and email, it ither says taht the pass is wrong or the page cannot be displyed. but i can sign in on other computers, school for example, where i sign in everyday, so i know that the account isnt deleted.

does gotta do something with cookies? or possibly you know?
10-02-2004 01:38 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
RE: MSN msger not working-virus? help me!
no cookies just remember where you went and things that u asked it to save.. for example when u click save password then it goes to cookies but when u delete it the saved password is gone.. but u can do it again.. ur problem does not have to do with the cookies.. maybe you can give us some screenshots.. on the keyboard click print screen on the page where the problem occurs and then go to paint and click paste.. save it and upload it as an attachment here on the forums :-D...
10-02-2004 06:47 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
aneta

35 / Female / –
yeah but if you say that password for  msn messanger or hotmail aren't working, because you delete cookies, then how come i can sign in here for example, or faceparty, or any other forums?
oh yeah, and ages ago, maybe last year, i downloaded something called "internet washer" and i've tried to get rid of it but the message keep saying: could not open INSTALL.LOG file"
what does that mean? and it doesnt work in any way
10-03-2004 11:03 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by aneta
yeah but if you say that password for  msn messanger or hotmail aren't working, because you delete cookies, then how come i can sign in here for example, or faceparty, or any other forums?
He didn't say that your password will not work anymore when you delete the cookies. Cookies can be used to _store_ your password. Some browsers and/or websites use this so you don't have to type your password everytime. It has nothing todo with not-working passwords.
quote:
Originally posted by aneta
oh yeah, and ages ago, maybe last year, i downloaded something called "internet washer" and i've tried to get rid of it but the message keep saying: could not open INSTALL.LOG file"
what does that mean? and it doesnt work in any way
It means that it can't find the install.log file which holds all the install info, so it can't uninstall. They only thing you could do now is the manually remove the program by deleting all it's directories. (not everything will be removed that way (eg: registry settings), but that is all you can do if you don't know how to manually remove something)

PS: double posting (posting more then once in a row, isn't allowed. If you want to post an update or something then "edit" your post instead by using the "edit" button below your post)

This post was edited on 10-03-2004 at 12:10 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-03-2004 12:09 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
cant u just install it again and it will overwrite cookie??
10-03-2004 12:42 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by DangerXone
cant u just install it again and it will overwrite
yes of course... (if she still has it)... I forgot about that :$ ...

This post was edited on 10-03-2004 at 12:45 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-03-2004 12:44 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
well if u want to uninstall it.. as i said u can just install it again and then u will have all the files and the uninstall files.. so then u can uninstall it like you do for other programs :-D
10-03-2004 12:47 PM
aneta

35 / Female / –
yeah great, but if you could only find to instal it again on this page http://www.internetwasher.com/
could you tell me, because it seems like i can't find it again >:(
thanks

and, because my comp is being a bugger, when i click in the red box in the corner, it wont let me go on the site as: page cannot be displayed!

This post was edited on 10-03-2004 at 04:57 PM by aneta.
10-03-2004 04:56 PM
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
i think it costs money...  so i dont know how i can help you sorry... try looking for it at http://www.download.com or other download areas
10-03-2004 05:20 PM
aneta

35 / Female / –
bugger! its not on there! is there any way i could delete it!?
10-04-2004 01:50 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: