What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » My Msgplus Aint Compatiable

My Msgplus Aint Compatiable
Author: Message:
s1k0

32 / Male / –
O.P. My Msgplus Aint Compatiable
Hello
My Msgplus .50 Is not compatiable with msn 7 final i tryed all commands like (!IP) /away /Busy /clear nothing happened is there a problem with my msn or msgplus?
04-10-2005 04:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
RE: My Msgplus Aint Compatiable
first of all its msgplus 3.50...

And second. Do you even see the plus sign at the top of your msn messenger windows?

If not try to install messenger plus! again...

Also see if u changed any settings in the preferences. If u did then i suggest u look over what u changed.

This post was edited on 04-10-2005 at 05:00 PM by .Roy.
04-10-2005 04:59 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
If you're using Smiley Central that could explain the problemtoo.
[Image: signature2.gif]
04-10-2005 05:20 PM
foksot

Patchou should FIX the smiley central problem....!!!

I had to lose several hours till I found out that msplus was causing the problem.

Ok we all know that s central is spyware, but my girlfriend likes the emoticons, so I  endure the spyware!

Kenny
06-06-2005 01:43 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by foksot

I had to lose several hours till I found out that msplus was causing the problem.

Ok we all know that s central is spyware, but my girlfriend likes the emoticons, so I  endure the spyware!

Kenny

Msgplus does not install smiley central. That's it's own software entirly. The adware included in messenger plus! can be removed with no problem :P

Smiley central is not officaly spyware either it's classed as adware. Although a very strong one, it has an uninstaller and is not designed to steal passwords etc.
06-06-2005 03:25 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by foksot

Wrong, the creators of Smiley Central should fix the problem. They are the ones who use bad programming on their part. Messenger Plus! is not at fault here and does not cause the problem, it is Smiley Central...

And please don't cross post the same post in several threads...

This post was edited on 06-06-2005 at 03:35 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-06-2005 03:33 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
There's nothing wrong with Plus!, it'just that Smiley Central does stuff that is not compatible with Plus!... I'm still opened to the possibility of working with the developers of Smiley Central about this problem but they never contacted me.
06-06-2005 06:01 PM
foksot

Hello Patchou, you are doing a great job with msgplus... microsoft should grab you and pay you loads of money to start developing for them ... ;-)
I will see what I can do about having the smiley team contact you so you can resolve the problem together.

My conclusion that it was a problem of msgplus was that the version of smiley did not change, but the version of msgplus did, and when the version of msgplus did, then smiley stopped working. So Smiley was a constant and msgplus was the variable.
So my conclusion was just logical (without me knowing the programing problems involved).

Kenny

06-07-2005 03:55 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
that's true, this was a logical conclusion indeed :). Let me explain what happened: a couple of monthes ago, I found out that having Smiley Central installed together with Plus! could create several very undesired effects. As a result, I changed some stuff to bypass SmileyCentral when Plus! is running. It was a decision I had to make which also cost me some dollars (they were advertising on msgplus.net at a very good rate) but I cannot comprise the stability of Messenger for any reason (at least, if I don't want to get a call from MSN ;)).
06-08-2005 05:56 AM
XM4ST3RX

DJ Scoop!

37 / Male / –
Hi,

maybe a compatibility module would be cool, so that before msgplus is fully initialized, msgplus checks for other app's using msn messenger and if it is causing compatibility issues... if so you could make it tell the user which app's are causing the problems...

that way... the user knows which app's to uninstall in order to get msgplus working... i said that confidently... because they will uninstall any other programs for msgplus to be there... because msgplus is the best app to be ran with msn messenger atm :P

Kind Regards,
XM4ST3RX
06-08-2005 10:12 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: