What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Error loading Plus! live

Pages: (13): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 9 » Last »
Error loading Plus! live
Author: Message:
Nick2k6

RE: Error loading Plus! live
Yes i know, there are indeed tons of incompatibilities. If you want better put SP1 that has less incompatibilities, and you are more secure anyway from not having SP at all
06-25-2006 03:09 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
doug2k2

go sens go!!!

38 / Male / –
Im also thinking too Messenger Plus for 7.5 etc that one worked for everybody even that didn't have any service pack installed or installed so it might just be a little tweak somewhere that's hard to find but once u find it it fixes that one problem.
06-25-2006 03:14 AM
Nick2k6

It is sure something minor i believe, and if Patchou finds it, he will release a fix for sure.
06-25-2006 03:17 AM
doug2k2

go sens go!!!

38 / Male / –
yup it sucks that this happened to some of the people like me but im patient i can wait till Patchou releases a fix for it hell i  got use to no color in my name for a long time haha when i first installed windows live beta when it was in beta stages what's a couple more days gonna do to me hehe.
06-25-2006 03:29 AM
Darken

49 / Male / Flag
Installed Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0792 + Messenger Plus! Live on two computers (Windows XP Pro SP2 with all latest patch and Windows MCE 2005 SP2 with all latest patch) and MP! L won't load. :(
06-25-2006 03:30 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
jegar

RE: RE: Error loading Plus! live
quote:
Originally posted by - DCA -
Humm, as Nick2k6 said...

I think the problem is with Service Packs, right?

It's not the service packs, I am running Windows XP Home with both SP1 and SP2 installed, with the latest Mess Patch from mess.be  installed on Live Messenger Version 8.0.0792.  MSGPlusLive! downloaded and installed with no problems.  I am using Sygate Home Edition as a fire wall and Avast! as my virus checker.  I also have Spyware Terminator installed and running.

I think this is bloody hilarious, I downloaded it so I could see what was so freaking good about it.  I wasn't all that impressed with the last beta version I managed to get a hold of (MSGPlus! beta 4.0.0266) and now I seem to be among a growing few who dont have problems with it.

This post was edited on 06-25-2006 at 03:44 AM by jegar.
06-25-2006 03:43 AM
Nick2k6

Hehe yeah we are used in waits you see, some days more can't do any harm, or they can:P:P:P
Hmm Darken try to use the 787 edition  and see if it works. I think Windows MCE has incompatibilities with Plus Live. Try it on Windows XP. If it doesn't work, then SP2 might not be the suspect, we will see.
06-25-2006 03:44 AM
Darken

49 / Male / Flag
@ Nick2k6 : thanx for the reply, but I don't want to downgrade my stuffs for just play with this addon... :)
06-25-2006 03:50 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ksyeoh

38 / Male / –
Yeah My WLM can detect live plus!!
By the way i have face the same problem with u all, but once i uninstall the MSN messenger plus version 3, then the live plus automatic can detect after i restart messenger!
Install Live plus whould not overwrite the MSN messenger PLus version 3, so we have to uninstall it in our own.
hope that this help for u!
06-25-2006 04:27 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
doug2k2

go sens go!!!

38 / Male / –
nope that solution didn't work either.

This post was edited on 06-25-2006 at 04:44 AM by doug2k2.
06-25-2006 04:32 AM
Pages: (13): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 9 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: