What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » google's new look

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
Poll: Do you like it?
yes
no
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.
google's new look
Author: Message:
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: google's new look
For those complaining the Images/Video/News/Maps are further away now:
- Enter your query first and press enter, the links are closer to the query/input field on the result pages (even close than it was before the update).
- Are those links really further away anyway? They are closer to your browser buttons and URL bar now, and isn't that from where you enter google most of the time? There is no need to click the query/input field or bring your mousecursor even close to it. Google already puts focus on that field be default, you can type right after loading.
- Dazzy: What the hell do you maximize your browser window to 1920px for :P? Most sites will look like crap on such a size, or will show useless whitespace. I almost never have a browser window set wider than around 1024px. All sites will show fine without horizontal scrollbars, and it leaves space on your screen to multitask :).

quote:
Originally posted by Chocolatino
I'll stick to the old one thank you.
I don't think you will be able to, from what i understood it will be rolled out to all the domains.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
05-17-2007 10:21 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Mavrik347

Graphics Handyman

34 / Male / –
I don't mind it, find it handy that they've put it up there and it doesn't change the layout of the page.
[Image: englandum1.jpg]
[Image: clickme0sp.gif]
05-17-2007 11:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: google's new look
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
For those complaining the Images/Video/News/Maps are further away now:
- Enter your query first and press enter, the links are closer to the query/input field on the result pages (even close than it was before the update).
- Are those links really further away anyway? They are closer to your browser buttons and URL bar now, and isn't that from where you enter google most of the time? There is no need to click the query/input field or bring your mousecursor even close to it. Google already puts focus on that field be default, you can type right after loading.
- Dazzy: What the hell do you maximize your browser window to 1920px for :P? Most sites will look like crap on such a size, or will show useless whitespace. I almost never have a browser window set wider than around 1024px. All sites will show fine without horizontal scrollbars, and it leaves space on your screen to multitask :).
- no comment, but still...
- I don't use my browser buttons. Google is my homepage. Browser is as good as full screen (1100px wide), when I open a new tab (hotkey) my mouse is always closer to the middle of the screen than in the top left corner. It isn't about typing so much, but more about the look (it looks very ugly) and the easyness to first press a category and than enter your search item.
- It should still look decent and not half-arsed

:p

just making a monkey out of a fly here (free interpretation of that saying :p)... as long as they don't change it on the belgium google.... or I'll personally drive to Brussels and slap the four people who work there for Google... :p
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-18-2007 12:43 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Still looks the same to me :S
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6560 days, 22 hours, 3 minutes, 1 second ago.

05-19-2007 12:21 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Kenji
Veteran Member

Previously: Dazmatic, Dazzy, :zippy:

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
- Dazzy: What the hell do you maximize your browser window to 1920px for (Smilie)? Most sites will look like crap on such a size, or will show useless whitespace. I almost never have a browser window set wider than around 1024px. All sites will show fine without horizontal scrollbars, and it leaves space on your screen to multitask (Smilie).
pfft, all i use that PC for is internets and movies :P

I dont want to wast teh pixels :(
05-19-2007 12:34 PM
Nathan
Veteran Member

Yeah, "large dimensions" ;)

– / Male / Flag
BTW guys,
if you have not noticed it seems only to have the new design on the .com domain :P
Touch Innovation - touch friendly programs/applications for the windows mobile!

05-19-2007 12:43 PM
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
I don't think it looks that bad... I'm just happy Google Belgium didn't change yet. :P
quote:
Well, maybe someone works on a wide-screen resolution and someone maximizes his browser when he's browsing the web... 8-)
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
05-19-2007 01:30 PM
Rolando
Veteran Member

Santasend

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: google's new look
Btw, MenthiX: I was talking about the new "look" not the new features that came along with it :chrongue:
[Image: sigxmascopy.png]
05-19-2007 06:16 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
someone works on a wide-screen resolution and someone maximizes his browser when he's browsing the web.
Yes, i know... i just never understood why you would want to do that.. Just like people maximizing their Messenger contact list on normal and even big resolutions. To me it doesn't really seem to add any value... except from big whitespaces / messed up layouts, or really wide lines that make you need to move your head a lot to read the text :).

Don't get me wrong, I do love big screens... But maximizing certain apps just doesn't make sense to me, I rather leave some space on the side for chats or other windows. But i'm just dodgy like that i guess :p.

quote:
Originally posted by q25
MenthiX: I was talking about the new "look" not the new features that came along with it
Kay, I do not dislike it, so my vote still counts :).

This post was edited on 05-19-2007 at 06:51 PM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
05-19-2007 06:49 PM
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
I don't mind it, actually I think it's nice and gives the user options to go diffrent places on the globe-of-Google a bit quicker. :)

:plus4: Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
05-19-2007 08:28 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: