What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » autostatus vs personalized status

autostatus vs personalized status
Author: Message:
jeanie457

..it's just a frame of mind...

– / Female / –
O.P. Sad  autostatus vs personalized status
Hi, my problem is this :
I use the option "automatically change status after  aperiod of inactivity..." coz I consider it a very useful feature (Y)
BUT, it just doesn't cooperate with Personalized status :s
In Plus 2 the auto status was set automatically only when the status before was ONLINE, but with Plus 3 it changes no matter what the previous staus was----> auto status overrides my personalized one :s which of course is not useful at all, coz when I set my own status, leaving an auto message which I awnt ppl to read and I go away from comp, soon the auto status is set :/
An mine is the case about losing connection and relogging in automatically, I have wireless connection which is not super stabile :s
I like Plus 3, it's much cooler than version 2, but this thing with statuses was working better in previous version, so I wonder if it's possible to remove it.

jeanie
06-22-2004 09:27 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
RE: autostatus vs personalized status
There is a registry entry to modify for you ;)

http://www.msgplus.net/help_registry.php :

Key: HKCU\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\your@email.com\Preferences ->  AutoAwayAlways
Value: 1
Description: Boolean value. If false (0), the "change status after x minutes" feature changes the status only when the user is currently Online or Idle.
06-22-2004 09:31 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
jeanie457

..it's just a frame of mind...

– / Female / –
O.P. RE: RE: autostatus vs personalized status
quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
There is a registry entry to modify for you ;)

http://www.msgplus.net/help_registry.php :

Key: HKCU\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\your@email.com\Preferences ->  AutoAwayAlways
Value: 1
Description: Boolean value. If false (0), the "change status after x minutes" feature changes the status only when the user is currently Online or Idle.

all I could find there was AutoAwayStatus, not exactly what you said, but I changed its value and it seems to work, so thaanks alot! :D:D

jeanie
06-24-2004 01:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
RE: autostatus vs personalized status
Err...you had to manually create that key if it wasn't found. Sorry that I forgot to say it :) AutoAwayAlways is different from AutoAwayStatus. :)
06-25-2004 07:05 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: